A yacht charter is truly a once in a life time vacation. There are very few other ways to experience all you can on a private yacht charter, all under your complete control! Still, the main reason why many people fail to include the possibilities of a chartered motor yacht when making vacation plans, is because of some common and persistent myths and misunderstandings about charters.
Here in no particular order, are the five most common myths I continue to run across in my career as a Charter Broker.
1. Yacht charters are only for the rich and famous – This is probably the most common misunderstanding about charters, and the one that keeps a lot of people away from the thrill of a lifetime. A yacht charter vacation is much more affordable than you might think. Particularly when you work with a professional charter broker who understands your desires, as well as your budget. A yacht charter vacation does not have to cost you any more than a similar stay at any 5-star resort in the world. Also, understand that most yacht charter experiences can accommodate up to 12 people. If you split the cost of a typical yacht charter, with two or three other couples, you can wind up with your own private cabin, on your own private luxury yacht, for about the same as you would pay for a room on a cruise ship!
2. Yacht charters only go to very specific locations – While it is true that as charter brokers, we try to put charters together what we know to be the most popular destinations, charter itineraries are practically limitless! And, even in pre-planned charters, you will get to go places that are only accessible by yacht, and experience your destination in a way unlike any other.
3. Yacht Charters are only available during warm weather – This may be true in New England, where chartering a private yacht is pretty much a summertime activity, but not here in South Florida! You can head out from Ft. Lauderdale on a snorkeling excursion to the keys in December, or party like a rock star all winter long!
4. A yacht charter is only for a special occasion – While it is true that a chartered luxury yacht is a wonderful place for a wedding or any special occasion, you do not need to be celebrating anything other than the good things in life, to book a charter yacht experience.
5. You need to have boating experience to charter a yacht – This is one I hear all the time; that people think you need boating experience or some kind of “special license” to charter a motor yacht. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, because your charter yacht experience comes complete with Captain, crew, sometimes even a celebrity chef to prepare your meals — all you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy!
Yacht Charter Myths Busted!
So now that your yacht charter myths have all been busted, what’s your excuse? Contact us today, and let us put together your dream vacation of a lifetime. We are bound to have great destinations and amazing water toys that will tickle your fancy!
Choosing the right charter experience can be challenging. If you would like to benefit from our expertise in these areas, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Charter Specialists, or call us at 954-235-3468