We have just returned from the biggest boat show in the world, the 56th Annual Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show. Hope you had a chance to stop by and see some of the luxury motor yachts we had on display, such as the new Dyna 60.
The boat show is just one of many events that happen in and around Ft. Lauderdale and South Florida, that are even better when you can experience them from a yacht.
Don’t own a yacht? No problem, check out our charter experiences! In any case here are a few upcoming events to put on your calendar!
The Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – December 12, 2015
- Theme this year is “Fairy Tales Afloat” – the parade organizers refer to the event as “The Greatest Show on H20”
- Starts in the downtown area along the New River (just west of the Stranahan House) at 6:30pm
- 12 mile route – East to the Intercoastal Waterway and then north to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach
- Everything from small center consoles, to huge showboats to megayachts are adorned with lights & decorations. First class music and entertainment is a big piece of the parade
- Join over 1 million spectators – wouldn’t you rather be on a yacht?
Quantum Key West Race Week – January 17-22
- Founded by Yachting Magazine in 1987, Key West Race Week has become an annual tradition
- International regatta featuring sailboats from 19-72’
- Last year’s race featured sailboats from 22 states and 15 countries and this year will be similar
- Second largest international sailboat regatta in US
- Races take place off the South coast of Key West from Monday to Friday the week of 1/17
- Caroline Street will be shut down for the week
Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg – March 27-29, 2016
- Takes place in downtown St. Pete – 1.8 mile, 14-turn temporary waterfront street course
- Comprised of a number of races for up-and-coming drivers – includes the Pro Mazda Championship and the Verizon Indy Car Series
- Among the most respected motorsport events in North America
- Festival-like atmosphere including live music, beer gardens and interactive exhibits
Any of these events can be better enjoyed from the deck of your own or charted motor yacht. But the great thing about South Florida is you do not have to have a special event to enjoy a day or more out on our waters.
Check out our exclusive charter boats and itineraries. We are sure there is something to fit your fancy! And, don’t worry, if you cannot find one to match your seafaring desires, we can customize a charter experience to your wishes and budget.
Choosing the right charter experience can be challenging. If you would like to benefit from our expertise in these areas, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Charter Specialists, or call us at (855) 318-6328.