With much fanfare, on May 1st, Miami based cruise line, Carnival, began the first cruise ship itineraries from America to Cuba in five decades. As relationships between our two countries have thawed, Cuba lifted the fifty year travel ban on native Cubans returning to the Island via boat. With the restrictions a thing of the past, the Carnival cruise ship, the Adonia, set sail for Havana and into the history books.
According to Carnival, there were about 700 passengers aboard, including at least a few native Cubans. As the ship arrived in port on May 2nd, she was greeted warmly, with shouts of “Cuba, Cuba, Cuba,” emanating from the docks.
The historic voyage marks the beginning of a new era in cruising to Cuba from Miami. But, the lifting of the ban also means that native Cubans, and other Floridians can now enjoy our exclusive luxury yacht charter experiences to Cuba!
Act Soon – Make History on a Yacht Charter to Cuba
We will soon be making a little history of our own, being one of the first charter brokers in South Florida to provide luxury yacht charters to Cuba. While we have not scheduled a departure date yet, we are taking inquiries, and we suggest that anyone who wishes to take part in this historic voyage, contact us ASAP.
Your Cuba Charter Experience
Cuba has long been a tourist destination, one that has been for the most part denied to Americans since the embargo. With relationships improving, the people of Cuba are at a true turning point in their history. The Cuban people, our neighbors, a mere 90 miles to our south, are looking forward to welcoming Americans and interacting on a person-to-person level that political animosity has made impossible for the past 50 years.
We recently traveled to Cuba and saw first-hand how much the Island has to offer as a Charter Destination.
Your Cuban Charter will include:
- An arrival and stay at the historic Marina Hemingway.
- You will visit Up to seven UNESCO world heritage sites, all in one trip, from the historic center of Camaguey, to Trinidad, to Old Havana itself.
- Exploring the Cuban islands south of the mainland, like Cayo Largo – home to what is widely recognized as one of the top 10 beaches in the world, and see it the way you can only experience from your own private luxury yacht.
- A visit to Jardines de la Reina Marine Park, one of the best preserved marine areas on the planet and home to more species of fish, sharks, turtles and birds than practically anywhere else in the world!
- Living history as you explore the Bay of Pigs, Cienfuegos City, and other historic sites.
This is just a taste of what you could experience on an exclusive luxury yacht charter to Cuba. Details are still firming up, and if you have particular places on the island in mind, or if you are a Cuban native who wishes to return to the Island riding the ultimate symbol of success, contact our charter brokers today!
It is not often that you have the opportunity to experience the vacation of a lifetime, and be part of a history making adventure!
Choosing the right charter experience can be challenging. If you would like to benefit from our expertise in these areas, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Charter Specialists, or call us at 954-235-3468