Broward Marine (now Broward Yachts) was founded by Frank Denison who purchased a Florida shipyard in 1948 while honeymooning with his wife. While, his 20-acre yard began as a service and repair center, in 1953 the construction of a custom wooden motoryacht began his foray into the luxury yacht market. After a stint in naval shipbuilding, known for construction of minesweepers, Broward re-entered the waters of custom yacht builds with the 95-foot “Alisa V,” enormous by that days’ standards. Broward quickly developed a reputation for quality and value in the then-miniscule US market of boats over 50 feet.
In 1999 Broward Marine was sold to Glenn Straub and later to real estate developer Tom Lewis, renamed Broward Yachts, and still continues to build luxurious custom yachts in their Dania, Florida-based yard. Custom models crafted in aluminum have ranged from sportfishers and raised bridges, to raised pilothouses and tri-decks from 95 to over 150 feet.