Independence Day is just around the corner. That means a lot of July 4th parties and a lot of fireworks, both of which are more fun from the deck of a luxury motor yacht!
While we want everybody to get a bang out of their 4th of July Celebrations, as always, we want to encourage boating safety.
Even though the Fourth is on a Tuesday this year, you can expect the parties to start this weekend, epically on the water in SOFLA! With more yacht owners, and maybe less experienced yacht charterers taking boats out for the big holiday weekend, here are some valuable safety tips to keep in mind for all boat owners and their guests.
Most Fourth of July parties will stretch into the hours of darkness for ideal fireworks viewing. Boating at night is very different than during the day, and presents its own series of safety challenges. If you are planning such a party:
- A designated driver when partying on land is smart; on the water, it’s a must! If you do not have your own full-time captain, designate a sober skipper to stay at the wheel for the whole time of the party, and who will be responsible for getting everyone back safely when the display is finished or the party is over.
Have a Designated Skipper!
- Wear life vests. The US Coast Guard recommends that you and your guests all wear certified PFDs when anchored to look at fireworks, as people will often lean too far over rails, craning to get a better view.
- Remember, things look very different at night. The visual navigation markers you rely on during the day may be invisible. Chart your route to your party spot in advance, and if your yacht is so equipped, use GPS-enabled electronics, or FLIR night vision, to help you find it, if necessary.
- If you are headed to see a Fourth of July fireworks display, always listen to the Coast Guard or other maritime authorities as to where they may direct you to safely anchor to view fireworks away from sparks and ash.
- It may be very tempting to invite a lot of people for a Holiday Soiree on your yacht. But be conscious of the weight restrictions of your vessel, do not overload it with more passengers that it is equipped to handle. Do not go by the number of seats, or the number of cabins, your vessel’s passenger capacity will be found in the owner’s manual.
July 4th Charter
Don’t have a yacht of your own? That doesn’t mean you have to miss the excitement of a Fourth on the water!
Have a blast this Fourth of July and declare your independence from the ordinary by booking your own luxury yacht charter.
There is nothing like sharing exquisite food and drink with some of your best friends, while seeing the “rocket’s red glare,” from the deck of your own private motor yacht!
This once in a lifetime experience is a 26 North Yachts exclusive! We have a range of fully-crewed, impressive motor yachts all fueled up and ready to go for the best of views imaginable of the Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale & Miami fireworks displays.
Your Independence Day Yacht Charter includes:
- A delightful cruise along the Intracoastal, en-route to the perfect spot from which to take in any fireworks display you’d like to see.
- The extraordinary sensation of being a mile offshore and watching world-class fireworks shows with the city of your choice’s skyline as the backdrop
- More fine food & drink, prepared by an award-winning chef, than most people could ever dream of!
- Great music throughout your yacht; the sound of your friends & family having the time of their lives; all punctuated by the occasional “bang” of fireworks and popping of a champagne bottle!
Make your July 4th yacht charter experience even more memorable, and order a free-flying drone video of your trip! Contact our Charter Team for details.
Spots are filling fast, don’t miss out on the opportunity for this once in a lifetime charter experience!
Other Unique Summer Charter Experiences
Our super summer charter experiences are not limited to the Fourth of July. You can also make some fireworks of your own on some of these other recently added exclusive yacht charters.
- The Boca Bash Party – A unique cruise up the Intercostal to the celebrated Lake Boca.
- Hellacious Haulover – A trip to the legendary Haulover Sandbar which has drawn generations of locals and visitors alike, to mix and mingle in this on-the-water paradise.
And, of course there are our unique on-going charter yacht events in Ft. Lauderdale, Delray, Miami, and the Bahamas!
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE FOURTH OF JULY!
Choosing the right charter experience can be challenging. If you would like to benefit from our expertise in these areas, or if you have any questions or comments about this blog post, do not hesitate to contact our Charter Specialists, or call us at 954-900-9988.