Ferretti Group has been busy over the last several months, and they’re eagerly preparing for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) with a great line-up of motoryachts. 26 North Yachts is particularly keen on exploring the Ferretti 870 and the Ferretti 960, although it looks like the Ferretti 690 and Ferretti 620 will also be at the docks. We’re also intrigued by the Ferretti Custom Line 100’ and Ferretti Navetta 26 Crescendo (86’). Of course, Ferretti will have their Riva, Mochi Craft and Pershing brands represented, too.
At the recent 53rd Genoa International Boat Show, Ferretti Group boasted a showing of 11 motoryachts with three Italian premieres of the Ferretti 960, Ferretti 750 and a 62’ Pershing. They also dominated the event with Chopi Chopi, an 80-metre (262.5 foot) superyacht, the biggest pleasure vessel built by CRN and Ferretti Group.
While not on 26 North Yachts Top 10 list, Ferretti is a recognized leader in design and construction of luxury motoryachts. Buyers of Ferretti yachts appreciate the fine Italian build, craftsmanship and design.
Ferretti Yachts’ 960 motoryacht is their largest yet (outside the custom line). Designed by Giovanni Zuccon, the luxury yacht features now-what-seems-standard huge windows for expansive views of the sea and ports of call. The Ferretti 960 has a master cabin on the main deck—a first for Ferretti—and four cabins on the lower deck. She meets CE design, so she’s considered a leisure craft with no need for a professional captain.
Ferretti 960 Main Salon
The new Ferretti 750 (not expected at this year’s FLIBS) evolved from the 720 but has a flybridge that doubles as a sun bridge. It also boasts more comfort and rearranged internal layouts. This model features a sleeker and sportier line, thanks to the new, lowered flybridge and a restyled stern area.
Ferretti 750 Flybridge
In other news, Ferretti Group has further strengthened its presence in the Middle East as evidenced in recent inking of key dealership agreements with major local partners. Ferretti Group’s new expansion strategy on an international level includes a focus on the Middle East, Europe and Africa. Through these agreements, Ferretti Group now has about 60 dealers on board in more than 80 countries.
Interestingly at Ferretti Group’s recent annual meeting, a notable change in architecture of the Ferretti motoryacht was presented. Here’s how it’s playing out with their three product lines:
– Flybridge fiberglass motoryachts with open upper decks and two pilot stations (inside, outside)
– Range between 53 and 96 feet
– Classical-contemporary styling with traditional design, state-of-the-art, functional designs
– Currently includes Ferretti Yachts 530, Ferretti Yachts 570, Ferretti Yachts 620, Ferretti Yachts 690 available in two different layouts, Ferretti Yachts 750 with three possible configurations, Ferretti Yachts 800 in two different versions, Ferretti Yachts Altura 840, Ferretti Yachts 870 available in two versions, and Ferretti Yachts 960
Ferretti Custom Line
– Planing hull, fiberglass maxi-yachts
– Range between 97 and 124 feet
– Tailor-made which means that all non-structural, decorative features can be customized; sporty designs with fast cruising speeds
– Currently includes Ferretti Custom Line 97’, Ferretti Custom Line 100’ and Ferretti Custom Line 124’
Ferretti Navetta Crescendo
– Semi-displacement hull maxi-yachts for a more relaxed, leisurely owner
– Classical lines with equal emphasis on quality, craftsmanship and sophisticated elegance; customization of non-structural elements available as well
– Currently includes Ferretti Navetta 26 Crescendo and Ferretti Navetta 33 Crescendo
Ferretti Navetta 26 Crescendo
Ferretti Yachts was founded in 1968 and quickly became one of the world’s best luxury yacht builders in the construction of flybridge fiberglass yachts. Ferretti Custom Line came along in 1996 to create custom flybridge maxis for discerning owners. The new design reflects Ferretti’s aggressive pursuit of a more international market. The Ferretti brand now includes three product lines (with the recent addition of Ferretti Navetta), each unique but reflective of the brand’s excellence in style, technology and performance.