step #1 - signed listings agreement
We will provide a standard Central Listing Agreement and a copy of this can be provided upon request for your review. A standard commission fee of 10% applies allowing for the opportunity to work with outside brokers maximizing exposure. Listing your yacht with us will include the following.
- Market analysis looking at sold boats and comparative yachts for sale to determine asking price.
- Asking price is extremely important. Yachts that sell in today’s market are priced to sell.
- Detailed spec sheet of the yacht approved by representative.
- We will need copies of all documentation including insurance and cruising permits if required.
- Chasing the market in the hopes of a buyer presenting an offer does NOT work anymore. You must tell people in your asking price that you are a serious seller ready to sell. Do not go under the assumption that “if they’re interested they will make an offer.”
- Recommendations: I always recommend having a preliminary survey done. This can be an inexpensive way for a surveyor to bring up any issues before a buyer comes into the picture. There is nothing more frustrating having a boat fail survey for issues that could have been corrected had the seller known about them.
- We will take interior and exterior photos of the yacht so be sure she is in showcase condition.
step #2 - exposure
A critical element to selling a yacht as quickly and for the highest price possible is generating maximum exposure for the vessel. At 26 North Yachts, we employ the latest digital & traditional marketing to ensure sure that every potential buyer is aware that your yacht is for sale. From our sophisticated social media marketing to our extremely popular website, to our highly-effective email campaigns, we will stop at nothing to create buzz & excitement for your yacht.
- Published on all major MLS listing websites such as Yachtworld.com and YachtCouncil.com.
- Online presence maximized with social media and key word utilization.
- The option to attend all major boat shows.
- Published in major yachting magazine such at Yachting and Boat International.
- HD video tour available.
- Access to 26 North’s exclusive customer list.
- Promoted on www.26northyachts.com as featured vessel.
- Email broadcast exposing your yacht to the brokerage community and interested customers.
- Custom yacht website available.
step #3 - selling to sold
We understand what it takes to sell a yacht. It’s not all about creating stunning photography & video and then using this imagery across a range of platforms to reach qualified buyers (though this is important). Making a yacht as easy to sell as possible is also important. Removing roadblocks to a successful closing – before a small issue becomes a big one – is what we do so effectively. Understanding how both Buyers and other Brokers approach the purchase of a yacht is what we do better than anyone else.
- Location: Position your yacht where she can be seen. A yacht in Fort Lauderdale will not only sell faster but will sell for more money than a yacht in a remote location like Grenada.
- Contacts: We work with many documentation companies and maritime attorneys and can provide contacts for everything to allow for a smooth closing.
- Access: Make sure your broker is able to show the yacht for sale on short notice. Although ideally several days’ notice is preferred this is not always the case. The crew must be ready.
- How a buyer decides on a particular yacht takes many things into consideration. Whether it’s the layout, condition, location or price it all comes down to one key element, VALUE.
- Condition: Curbside appeal applies to yachts just as it does to homes. Your yacht should be in excellent showing condition and have been recently detailed.
- Do you remember when you were looking to buy a boat? What affected your decision? What made you choose this boat over the others you looked at? Put yourself in the Buyer’s shoes!
- Agreements: Even before a buyer comes along review a Purchase and Sale Agreement so there are no surprises when it’s game time.