Listed at $3,175,000
Available for SaleShalimar118' 1994 Benetti
1994 Benetti Custom 118
Exceptional Charter or Private Yacht –
Luxury Accommodations for 10 Owner/Guests and 7 Crew
$1.7 million Refit/Upgrades 2019-2021
SHALIMAR is an exceptionally unique yacht, even as a custom design by Terence Disdale, the award-winning designer of some of the world's most distinguished yachts. Built in 1994 by the iconic Benetti Shipyard to ABS standards, she has features unparalleled by other yachts of her class and year; features and deck layouts that are timeless for their ideal use of space and ergonomic flow from bow to stern platform and flybridge “crow’s nest” to spacious lower-level accommodations. SHALIMAR features a professional captain’s raised pilothouse with wrap-around helm console and a full array of electronics, systems, and controls for safe navigation to destinations near or exotic. Captain and navigator have side-by-side helm chairs and an upholstered aft bench watch seat. Raised Pilothouse is accessed via portside passageway or starboard side marble-topped steps from the starboard main deck foyer near the watertight side deck access door. SHALIMAR can be boarded from either port or starboard gunnel side gates to the aft deck or from the stern swim platform via portside curved molded staircase with Teak steps that lead up to the aft deck. A passarelle enclosed in starboard side of stern allows boarding to the aft deck starboard gate.
From the main deck midships starboard side foyer, a marble floored passageway leads forward to the owner’s opulent main deck suite furnished with forward facing king-size berth, loveseat, desk, entertainment center, walk-in closet forward to starboard and luxurious bath forward to port. Vanity features double undermounted sinks on a curved walnut cabinetry base. A corner Jacuzzi tub with mirrored walls, shower stall with multi-function massage shower panel system, bidet, head, and more are some of the master bath features.
SHALIMAR is ideally configured for chartering with plenty of outdoor areas for relaxing, entertaining, and sunpads galore to accommodate all guests. Wide Teak walk-around side decks are protected by high bulwarks allowing guests and crew to access bow area with centerline Teak steps to a virtual field of sunpads on the main deck cabin roof, surrounded top and sides with safety grab rails. Aft main deck is accessed from stern Teak swim platform via Teak steps that curve up to the portside gate. Aft deck features a cushioned molded bench seat against the transom stainless-steel guardrail and a moveable high-gloss Teak table with cushioned deck chairs, that is shaded by the sundeck and a sunshade for casual al fresco dining, socializing, and evening cocktails. Main deck salon’s glass sliders open to blend outside and interior space. The entire yacht can be accessed from the aft deck by guests and crew via the side decks and molded stairs with teak steps that lead to the sundeck’s custom Sky Lounge. Sturdy stainless-steel handrails and guardrails are conveniently placed for safety. Sky Lounge can also be accessed via curved staircase from the main deck foyer. The fully enclosed Sky Lounge is the ultimate entertainment and relaxation area with glass sliders fore and aft, semi-circular wet bar with three fixed bar stools, plenty of comfortable seating, cocktail tables, large flat screen TV, and sound system in climate-controlled comfort. Outside Teak foredeck features a molded hot tub and area for deck lounge chairs. A short centerline ladder leads to another array of sunpads on the pilothouse roof. The Sky Lounge teak aft deck features a 2,000 lb. davit for tender launch and retrieval and is also another area for relaxing.
A rare exterior custom design feature exclusive to SHALIMAR is the Sky Lounge roof “crow’s nest” accessed via a spiral staircase with Teak steps from the aft sundeck. A Bimini-covered auxiliary helm station with electronics and controls has complete all-around visibility, including the bow, for sight navigation in shallow waters, though SHALIMAR’s jet drives and shallower draft are great for island cruising. Area is large enough to stow a jet-ski that can be launched and retrieved using the tender davit on the sundeck below. The “crow’s nest” features upholstered bench seating with cup holders under the double radar/satellite dome arch hardtop and forward of the helm, in the aft guardrail corners, and aft area, for astonishing “crow’s nest” views! Drinks can be carried up from the Sky Lounge bar for the ultimate sunset cocktails.
SHALIMAR’s interior exudes the refined luxury of a European villa with beautiful book-matched walnut woodwork, Italian marble, rich fabrics, and fixtures throughout the main deck living areas and lower-level accommodations. The main salon is arranged with a large L-Shaped sofa, a pair of armchairs, and fully equipped wet bar with three fixed custom bar stools, storage cabinetry, and entertainment system with large TV for comfortable relaxation. Salon bar is conveniently positioned to service the salon, dining area and aft deck. Forward of the salon on portside is the formal dining area seating 8-10, that is separated from the salon by a portside cutaway bulkhead architectural feature with lighting to highlight a floral arrangement or objet d'art. China, glassware, and table settings are stored in surrounding cabinetry. Further forward on portside is the professional chef’s galley fully equipped with top-line appliances and equipment to create and serve gourmet meals. The starboard side door access to side deck is opposite the galley allowing crew to unobtrusively move about the vessel with refreshments and beverages.
Just forward of the galley, in the main deck foyer is a day head and the companionway to the spacious midships guest accommodations of two king berth cabins and two cabins with twin single berths—all with en-suite baths. Crew accommodations are in the forward area with three upper/lower bunk cabins and Captain’s cabin with large double berth—each with private head. A separate cabin with head for the yacht’s engineer is aft, forward of the engine room in the space between the two transverse bulkheads that separate the engine room from the guest accommodations.
Aft of engine room is the stern garage for stowing water toys, diving equipment and more that are easily launched from the large Teak boarding/swim platform.
SHALIMAR is designed provide to best cruising experience and to enjoy life at sea!
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||118' (36 m)|
|Beam:||23' (8 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||4,399 gal (16,653 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||600 gal (2,272 L)|
|Location:||Florida, FT. LAUDERDALE, United States|
|Cruising Speed:||12 Knots|
|Max Speed:||15 Knots|
Vessel Details and Refits
- (2) MTU-16V396TB94 2,500 hp (1k Hours SMOH)
- (2) ZF Transmissions with a ratio of 2.7:1
- (2) Northern Lights 50 kW three-phase generators
- (2) Matrix watermakers (2400 gpd)
- (2) Headhunter Mach 5 potable water pumps
- Atlas Shore Power converter
- (2) KaMeWa hydraulic power packs
- Ventilation system
- Passerelle trunk
- Engine room fixed fire suppression system
- Wards Marine 480-volt, 100-amp galvanic isolators
- Shore power breakers
Hull and Deck
- (2) KaMeWa jet drives
- Naiad stabilizers
- (2) Sanguineti vertical windlass
- Freshwater wash down in anchor locker
- Hydro Marine bow thruster
- (2) Aft electric deck capstans
- Hydraulic davit with 2200 lbs. capacity
- Aft boarding doors port and starboard
- Removable tender chocks
- High pressure deck wash systems
Navigation and Communications
- SeaTel SAT TV
- Magnavox SATCOM system
- Furuno SSB radio
- (2) Sailor VHF
- (2) Furuno Radar 24mi and 72mi
- Plath Autopilot
- B&G HS921 display
- Trimble NavTrac GPS
- Searchlight controls
- Samsung LCD TV and Bose surround sound in all staterooms
- Bose surround sound system in Salon
- Miele oven
- Miele microwave
- Miele convection oven
- Miele five burner electric glass cooktop
- (3) Miele stainless steel refrigerators
- (2) Miele stainless steel freezers
- Hobart Dishwasher
- Sub Zero ice maker and refrigerator (Flybridge bar)
- Sub Zero refrigerator (Aft deck)
- Rescue SART
- Full flare kit
- (26) Life vests
- (4) Throw rings
- Man-overboard smoke signal
- Rocket line thrower
- (2) Type II U.S. Coast Guard approved canister life rafts
- CCTV cameras
- Smoke detectors throughout
- Emergency bilge manifold with (5) pickups
- Emergency bilge/fire pump
REFIT 2019 - 2021
- Hull completely repainted
- Superstructure completely repainted
- New bottom paint
- All new teak decking
- New cap rail on port and starboard sides
- New interior soft goods
- All new carpeting
- Repaired and/or replaced stained or clouded woodwork
- New headliners throughout
- New LED lighting (Interior and Exterior)
- New closed-circuit security cameras and updated operating system
- Technical spaces repainted and polished
- Completely rebuilt Atlas converter
- Engines repainted
- Engines inspected and serviced as necessary
- Plumbing updated
- Replaced black water tank
- Rebuilt all toilets
- All new chill water piping insulation
- Four new chillers
- Bottom painted
- New discharge pump for aft grey water tank
- New mechanical seal installed on port main engine shaft
- Fins removed and seals replaced
- New hydraulic cylinders installed
- New hydraulic hoses
- Chill water supply lines chemically cleaned
- New circulation pump, impeller, and seals
- New a/c unit installed in crew mess
- Chilled water lines re-insulated
- Galley refrigeration system serviced
- New compressors for control air and ship service air.
- New transfer pump for sludge tank
- New starter motor installed
- New exhaust muffler installed
Starboard Main Engine
- New exhaust manifold O-rings and sealing ring
- Plate cooler serviced
- New seawater supply lines
Port Main Engine
- New starter motor installed
- New speed sensor installed
- Engine room aft bilge suction piping replaced
- Aft sea chest manifold and valves replaced
- New low pressure supply pump for watermaker
- New hydraulic hoses
- New hydraulic cylinders for buckets
- New hydraulic PTO's installed on port and starboard engine
- New exhaust system installed
- All thru hulls were removed and resealed.
- KaMeWa jet drives serviced, and hydraulic seals replaced.
- Replaced all zincs.
- Soda blasted the bottom and jet drives.
- Antifouling bottom paint applied
- Top End overhaul on Port & Starboard main engines including but not limited to cylinder heads/cylinder sleeves valve seats & guides.
- Port & Starboard generators serviced
- New air compressor and receiver tank.
- Owner's personal items/property including clothing, personal effects, wine and alcohol
- Two antique Shalimar bottles - unless separately negotiated
- Large painting behind dining room table - unless separately negotiated
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.