Listed at $450,000
Available for SaleSPRAY42' 2000 Duffy
NOTES FROM THE OWNER:
“Spray” is a classic 42’ Downeast lobster yacht with a very high level of craftsmanship that has made the Duffy 42 hull designed by Spencer Lincoln a very special yacht. Atlantic Boat Works in Maine laid up the hull in 1997 and she was then sent to MA to the designer and builder, Mr. Hunter Scott. He was commissioned by the first owner and his wife to build a vessel for both short- and long-range cruising. Working with the owner, Mr. Scott took a great deal of effort to meet their requirements and she was commissioned in 2000. Unfortunately, the owner’s wife died a short time after. He kept the boat for a while until deciding to put her on the market.
My wife and I had been looking for over a year on the East Coast for a Down East yacht that had the pedigree for heavy weather capability – this is the same hull that is used by MA and ME fisherman going several hundred miles off shore to fish and search for lobster. We wanted a boat that was not only sea worthy, but had classic good looks and functionality that makes this boat an eye-catcher and capable of cruising. She is defiantly not the white Clorox bottle we see in so many marinas!
Our experience of sailing over 30 years of sailing the Atlantic, we knew what we wanted. In a power vessel. We spent a year looking from Maine to FL at Hinckley, Saber, Legacy, Jarvis Newman, MJM, Grand Banks Eastbay, Campbell, Wilbur, Zimmerman, Lyman Morris, True North, etc, but they did not meet our needs - they were more “picnic boat” style with limited storage and convenience. We found “Spray” in Ted Hoods yacht yard in RI and fell in love with the workmanship, layout, and configuration. We purchased “Spray”’ in 2010 and have loved every minute on this yacht. She has been from Maine to Key West, FL and throughout the Bahamas. Four years ago, we decided to have her professionally trucked out to the NW to cruise the Pacific NW and Canada. With an air draft on trailer at 13'4", the boat can be easily shipped to its next adventure. We used the same professional shippers that ships yachts to the East and West Coast that American Tug and Nordic Tug use. It has been absolutely a beautiful place to cruise However, like all good things, there is a conclusion. Being in our 80’s has presented some challenges so we have decided to take our last cruise this summer.
This is a yacht that can be used on both coasts from the Pacific NW to the Great Lakes, Erie Canal, Lake Champlain, Great Loop, Maine to Key West in confidence and enjoyment - we have done it.
Annual maintenance: This vessel was used for 2-3 months each summer. It was always totally serviced at the end of each season and stored inside annually.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Seattle Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||42' (13 m)|
|Beam:||14' (5 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||720 gal (2,726 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||180 gal (682 L)|
|Holding Tank:||36 gal (137 L)|
|Location:||Anacortes, United States, Washington|
- LOA: 47’
- Beam: 14’6”
- Displacement: 28,000 lbs
- Max Draft: 4’ 3”
- Air draft:
- Antenna up 18’5”
- Antennas downs 14’1”
- Mast down 8’10”
- Fuel: 360 gals 2 Aluminum tanks (180 gals ea)
- Fresh Water: 180 gals
- Holding Tank: 36 gals
ENGINE & MACHINERY SPACE
Cat 3176B SN# 9WK00297 with all factory upgrades
- Type: Inboard
- Fuel: Diesel
- Hours: 2393
- Drive type: Direct Drive with ZF IRM 320.1 Transmission
- Power: 600hp
- Screen sea strainer
- 2.5” shaft
- Five blade prop protected by keel against logs/debris
- Duel Racor filters with selector valve and 2d vacuum gauge
- Fuel supply and return valves
- Oil change pump for engine, transmission and generator
- Hydraulic steering
- SS Torrid Water Heater - 20 gallons
- Splendide Washer/Dryer
- Both 110 and 12 volt lighting.
- 110V Outlet
- House Batteries: Two banks Rolls 8D AGM run in parallel
- Two electrical bilge pumps with high bilge alarm
- De-watering valve for emergency
Northern Lights 8KW Generator Model #M7536 630 hours
- Generator start battery in starboard lazaret
- Two Zone air conditioner/heater - two units & two control panels
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger
- 12V Electrical panel w/volt amp meter
- 120V Electrical Panel w/volt amp meter
- Shore Power: 100’ 50 AMP cord
- Glendenning Cable Master with 100' 50A power cord
- Step down to 30 amp and 120v connections
- Two 30 amp connection to 50 amp cable
- Four Rolls AGM batteries - 1100 total amps.
HULL & DECK
Awlcraft (Allgrip) Forrest Green hull with white boot stripe.
- Hand rails all around are Large 4 1/2 inch diameter AL handrails plus on forward cabin, bow sprit and main cabin roof for safety
- Two tone non-skid decks.
- Anchor windless and controls - see above.
- Teak rails - varnished
- Two forward mounted boat hooks
- One Cockpit mounted boat hook
- Five covered fenders
- Four large Taylor round fenders
Anchors/ Ground tackle
Primary is a 60 lbn UlTRA plus swivel
300 feet of chain and 200 feet of rode
Windless: Simpson-Lawrence 1500 w/controls at helm and bow.
Salt water wash down for anchor and chain
Secondary is a very large Freedom with chain and rode in aft locker.
HELM & NAVIGATION STATION ELECTRONICS:
GPS Plotters/Satellite WX - all new in 2019
- Garmin Model 1242Xsv - Helm
- Garmin Model 1242 xs - dedicated to radar
- Garmin Model 1242xa Nav station
- Garmin GMS Hub
- GXM 54 Weather
- Simrad Auto Pilot
- B&G depth/speed/alarm
Windspeed (Apparent and True)
- Airmar PB 200 interfaced with Garmin plotters
- ICOM at helm with AIS both in and out.
- Standard Horizon at Nav station
- ICOM IC M25 (portable)
KVH M3 Receiver for TV
- Drop down Westinghouse Television with controllers and sound bar
- DVD Player
- Digital Cat display for RPM, oil pressure, water temp, transmission pressure and oil temp.
- Fuel tank level and vacuum gauge
- Water tank level
- Side Power controls for bow and stern thrusters.
- Running & anchor lights
- Horn, blower, lights
- Slow vessel mode for close in docking
- Radio/ Stereo with speakers
- Windless control (both helm and bow)
- Windshield wiper controls
12 volt outlet
Center queen with side access. Two sets of custom fitted sheets. Storage under birth
- Two large drawers under bed
- Two hanging lockers
- Two separate lockers with shelves.
- Reading lights plus ceiling lights and accent lighting with shades
- Large overhead hatch with screen
- Four ports with screens and custom curtains
- 120 v. Outlets
- Hatch on floor to wine locker
- Access to anchor locker
- Dual zone reverse cycle Heat / AC controls
- Converts to office
- Ultrasuade upholstery
- Makes into bunk bed upper and double below
- Hanging locker
- Open configuration, but with door and screen for privacy
- Opening port with screen and custom curtain
- Overhead hatch with screen
- Overhead light with bedside lamp
- Storage under and behind settee
- 120 v. Outlet
U shaped settee converts to a double - never used. Storage under. Philosophy: "six for cocktails, four for dinner & two to sleep”
Light and bright. Main salon is a great gathering area on board with plenty of seating and space. Dual Zone climate controlled 1600BTU reverse cycle heat and A/C unit. Teak and Holly sole
- Three access hatches to engine room
- Side windows open slide open with screens
- Starboard and aft doors have sliding screens
- Forward windows have pull down inside shades for privacy and shade.
- Custom matching draperies for all windows
- Fourteen overhead lights (two with dual red bulbs at helm for night cruising)
- Two reading lights, Nav station light, and several accent lights.
- Helm - adjustable Lebroc seat
- Navigation seat on port with large drawers under. Separate Garmin display for Navigation and radar
- Fire extinguishers - four plus engine room extinguisher with access port.
Cockpit is a natural extension of living area with huge storage lockers, teak chairs and tables and a fully covered Bimini.
It also has both fresh and salt water wash downs and a H & C shower.
- Reinforced bimini to cover - extends social area
- Sunbrella covered cockpit seat with storage under.
- Courtesy lights for cockpit and swim platform for ease of boarding
- High intensity masthead lights flood the cockpit
- Two Royal Teak reclining chairs
- Two teak tables
- Cockpit Side storage with covers
- Life Sling
- Boat hook with mount
- Three large hatches to gain access to huge storage under the cockpit sole.
- Magma barbecue with propane tank for cooking.
- Glendenning Cable Master with local and remote controls for 100’ 50 amp cord
- Flag pole with flag and cover.
- Transom door to swim platform and swim ladder
- Hot and Cold cockpit shower
- Salt water wash down
- Fresh water wash down
- Dock side water with filter
- Duel fishing rod holders
- Stern Cockpit door to swim platform
Large stand up head with plenty of room to change or dry off after shower.
- Large separate shower stall with folding doors. Shower sump in bilge with auto pump
- Large sink/vanity with storage above and behind.
- Large mirror with excellent lighting for putting on make-up.
- Opening port with screen and privacy cover
- Overhead hatch with screen
- Freshwater Vacuflush head
Galley up! No more cooking in the hole!!
Large counter top with a deep porcelain sink and storage outboard and below counter
- Three burner Princess electric stove cooktop.
- Sharp Convection/microwave
- Black & Decker Toaster oven
- 120 v. Outlets
- Norcord standard stand-up refrigerator & freezer. (Runs on 12V or 120 v)
- Seagull water filter under Galley sink for extra pure water.
- Four opening stainless-steel window ports with screens
- All water into boat is filtered
DINGY & LIFT:
Freedom Lift Hydraulic push button controls- easy access to dinghy with no obstructions along length of swim platform
Dinghy - sold separately $8,500.00
AB 9’6” Aluminum hull
Mercury outboard:9.9 four stroke with electric start.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.