Listed at $450,000
Available for SaleCHIN CHIN45' 2012 East Asia Composites
CHIN CHIN is like no other yacht you have ever experienced. Designed for adventure, excitement, comfort, and entertainment, she offers you the freedom and the opportunity to explore. Substantial investments have been made to improve her layout and systems. She is ready for service in Europe or North America. Owned by a tax paid LLC.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Worth Avenue Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||45' (14 m)|
|Beam:||17' (6 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||410 gal (1,553 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||150 gal (568 L)|
|Holding Tank:||50 gal (190 L)|
|Location:||California, San Rafael, United States|
|Builder:||East Asia Composites|
|Cruising Speed:||20 Knots|
|Max Speed:||25 Knots|
CHIN CHIN is like no other yacht you have ever experienced. Designed for adventure, excitement, comfort, and entertainment, she offers you the freedom and the opportunity to explore.
CHIN CHIN is the ideal shadow vessel to a superyacht, allowing guests to spend an entire day off the yacht, with all of the luxury and comforts they would expect as they explore a distant fjord, an isolated beach, or zip along the French Riviera from Monaco to Saint-Tropez for the day. Equally well suited for use as a private cruising yacht or a day boat, GIZMO provides speed, stability, comfort, and ease of handling.
CHIN CHIN started life as a custom design, one of 6 built for the 34th America’s Cup in San Francisco. Originally intended to provide VIP spectators with the experience of a lifetime, her layout was designed to promote a connection to the outdoors, even from inside. She traveled the world along with the America’s Cup World Series qualification events before arriving in San Francisco in 2013.
Following the America’s Cup, she was purchased by an experienced yachtsman to serve as a tender for his racing yacht, as well as an entertaining platform for friends and guests. She proved such a capable yacht, that he had her delivered to Seattle where he embarked on a multi-season cruise through the waterways of the Pacific Northwest and up through Alaska.
She was subsequently sold to her current owner who brought her back to San Francisco where she has had all services brought up to date and many upgrades to her entertaining areas and systems.
Substantial investments have been made to improve her layout and systems. She is ready for service in Europe or North America. She has been professionally maintained and operated throughout her current and prior ownership.
Her orange vinyl wrap harkens back to her America’s Cup livery and was replaced in 2021, but is removable to expose her white hull. She can be painted or wrapped to suit her next owner’s preference.
Boarding from either the side or aft boarding gates, you arrive on the vast aft sundeck. Comfortable, modular seating was upgraded in 2021 along with a stunning propane fire coffee table, a removable sun awning, counters for drinks and food, and a seamless transition to the interior salon make this the place to be. Elevated from the water level, you have the sense of flying as you cruise at 20+ knots, all the while protected behind the walls of glass surrounding the salon. If breeze in your hair is what you crave, the bow seating area is an exhilarating spot to be while underway.
Stepping inside, the same incredible 360 degree views continue while enjoying the comfort of Air Conditioning or heat. Symmetrical modern settees to port and starboard provide comfortable seating with upgraded soft goods and a new custom drop down TV. Forward is the dedicated helm station. A captain can operate the yacht from here allowing guests privacy aft if desired. No other yacht has the visibility from the helm that GIZMO provides. Volvo Penta Joystick steering can be controlled from the helm, the aft deck, and even the forward deck.
Down the stairs into the port hull, you have access to two separate heads, which is perfect for entertaining. One includes a full stand-up separate shower, the largest you will see on a yacht of this size.
Down into the starboard hull, you have a full size berth forward, and aft is the galley with large refrigerator, icemaker, portable oven and cooktop, coffee maker, and ample storage.
Aft in each hull are the massive engine rooms. On the port side, forward of the engine room is a large pump room/utility space, accessible from deck or through a watertight door, this is an excellent space for storing toys. It is impossible to miss the incredible tidiness and organization of the machinery spaces. Aft is the Cummins/Onan Generator followed by the Volvo Penta IPS450 engines and pods. On the starboard side is a built in shelving system for spares and storage.
Engine access is phenomenal, with access to all 4 sides of the engines. Wiring and plumbing is clean and neat, and mechanical service and reliability has always been the top priority, with the prior owner being a pilot and race car owner, and both her past owner and current owners being long-time multiple yacht owners.
CHIN CHIN’s systems allow her to be “off the grid” for extended periods of time. Excellent fuel economy at cruising speeds, combined with substantial tankage make her a great yacht for adventures. Wired for both European and North American electrical systems, she is ready for use anywhere in the world.
*Note: Photos do note show upgraded aft deck seating or new salon TV.
Mechanical & Electrical Equipment
• 2x Volvo Penta IPS 450 (D6-330) 6cyl turbocharged, aftercooled diesel engines (P: 1,465hrs, S: 1,475hrs)
• Volvo Penta Dynamic Positioning System
• 1 x Cummins Onan Generator, Model: MDKBM5121089, 9.5 Kw, (1,416 hours)
• CruisAir 32,000 BTU air conditioning with 3 zones
• ESPAR diesel forced air heater
• Volvo Penta Trim Tabs
• Volvo Aquamatic w/ Joystick Single Station
• Freshwater system with 2 phase water filtration and additional inline filter in galley
• 2x Whale diaphragm pumps (one per engine room
• 6x Attwood Sahara S1100 electric bilge pumps
• Whale Universal UF1825 45psi freshwater pump with Whale accumulator tank
• Rule 800 sump pump with float switch for shower drain
• Whale Gulper 320 sump pump for head sinks
• Isotemp 24l 240v and port engine coolant loop water heater
• 2x Dometic Masterflush 8670 electric freshwater flush toilets
• Sealand holding tank macerator holding tank discharge pump
• Whale 45psi seawater wash down pump
• CZone digital switching system
• Mastervolt solar charge controller
• 6x solar panels (est. 200W ea)
• 2x 12v AGM group 31 in series for 24v starboard engine start bank
• 2x 12v AGM 90ah in series for 24v port engine start bank
• 3x 12v AGM 70ah ea generator start bank (2016)
• 4x 12v AGM 130ah ea house bank (2022)
• 24V 80A Engine alternator
• 1 x 30A 125V Shore Power Smartplug
• 1 x 50A 250v Shore Power Smartplug
• Matervolt Chargemaster 24/60-3 24v-60A charger (stbd)
• Mastervolt Chargmaster all-in-one 24/60-3 24v-60A charger (port)
• Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/35-3 12v 35A charger (port)
• Mastervolt Mass Combi 24/2500-60 24v-60A 2500W Inverter, 24V-60A charger (stbd)
• Mastervolt Mass Combi 24/2500 24v 2500W Sine Wave inverter
• Mastervolt Mass GI7.0kVA isolation transformer
Tankage & Plumbing
• 3x integral fiberglass fuel tanks (2x 265 gal port/starboard, plus 1x 225 gal reserve tank stbd)
• 2x Dual Racor 75500MAX with suction gage filters (port/starboard main engines)
• 1x Racor 500MA filter (reserve tank)
• Racor 24T filter (generator)
• Shut off valves at tanks
• 1x integral fiberglass freshwater tank 222 gal with dual cartridge filters
• 1x integral fiberglass greywater tank 80 gal
• 1x integral fiberglass blackwater tank 80 gal
• Garmin GHS 10i VHF w/ speaker
• 1 x Garmin GMR 24 HD radar
• Silva Type 70 magnetic compass
• Garmin GHC 10 auto pilot
• Garmin 7012 depth sounder
• 2 x Garmin 7012 touch screen plotters
• 2 x Garmin GC12 Cameras on the aft deck
• 1 x Custom drop down 50” Samsung salon TV
• 1 x HD Digital Antenna
• 1 x Fusion MS-AV600 stereo with Bluetooth and iPod dock
• 1 x Fusion MS-AM702 amplifier
• 4 x Exterior speakers
• 2 x Interior speakers
• Portable induction burner cooktop
• 1 x Refrigerator
• 1 x Portable toaster oven
• 1 x Costway icemaker
• 1 x Sunbeam 900W microwave
• 1x Nespresso coffee maker
• Lewmar 24v vertical dual action anchor windlass
• 1 x Rocna 55lb/25kg anchor w/ 100’ 5/16” chain
• 1 x Fortress 3716 anchor w/ 50’ 5/16” chain and 150’ 3-strand rode
• 1 x Lewmar 35lb claw anchor
• Dynema anchor bridle
• Single stainless steel bow roller starboard bow
• Fenders and Docklines
• Window covers
• Stainless steel telescopic swim ladder on port transom
• West Marine horseshoe throwable device
• 29” Lifering
• Fire Extinguishers
• Sea-Fire FD400M manual/auto fixed fire system
• CO/Smoke detectors
• First Aid Kit
All personal property is excluded unless specifically identified and included in the sale agreement and listing specifications. Personal property refers to all items not permanently attached to the vessel including but not limited to artwork, furnishings, and recreational or entertainment items. Advertisements, marketing materials, and/or other photography may depict the vessel with personal property, however, such personal property is excluded unless otherwise specifically included as provided herein.