Listed at $449,500
Available for SaleJohn W47' 2000 Custom
John W is a 2000 47' Karvi trawler designed by Patrick Bray of award winning Bray Yacht Design and built by Fred Wahl Marine Construction in British Columbia, Canada. The seller's lengthy commercial vessel background also contriburted to the design and construction. John W offers a single Caterpillar 3208 NA 210 HP main engine, Kubota generator, Trace Engineering inverter, Neverdie LI3 house battery bank, Scepter watermaker, Hurricane diesel fired heating system and water heater, fuel polishing system, bowthruster, passive stabilizer keels, dry stack exhaust, keel cooler, 3 stateroom, 2 head layout and a full-beam master stateroom. John W is fully Great Loop or bluewater capable.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Curtis Stokes & Associates. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||47' (15 m)|
|Beam:||14' (5 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||1,500 gal (5,679 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||300 gal (1,136 L)|
|Holding Tank:||150 gal (568 L)|
|Location:||Hertford, North Carolina, United States|
|Model:||Bray Yacht Design Passagemaker Karvi 47|
|Cruising Speed:||7 Knots|
|Max Speed:||9 Knots|
Bray Passagemaker Vessle Walkthrough
From the integral swimplatform, you step up onto the aftdeck via the port transom door and molded-in steps. Once on the aftdeck, you will find molded-in steps to the flybridge port forward, a Diamond Seaglaze door forward to the salon, a sink and storage cabinet starboard forward and a benchseat aft. Once inside the salon, you will find a settee and table starboard aft, galley starboard forward, wrap-around seating and a fold up coffee table port forward and an entertainment cabinet and stairs to the master stateroom and engine room port aft. The engine room is stand-up height and is forward of the master stateroom companionway. Back in the salon, walk forward into the pilothouse and you will find the hem forward, helmseat, a side deck access door on each side and a companionway starboard forward to the two guest stateroom and head with enclosed shower.
The headroom in the salon is 6'4", 6'1" in the master stateroom, 6'2" in the master stateroom shower, 6' in the engine room, 6'2" in the forward guest stateroom, 6' in the mid guest stateroom, 6'1" in the guest shower, 6'4" in the pilothouse and 6'6" on the aftdeck. All berths are 6'8" long.
With the mast lowered, the height from the waterline is 15'. With the mast up the height is 20'3".
Bray Passagemaker Accommodations
John W offers a full-beam master stateroom aft with a centerline queen size berth and ensuite head and enclosed shower; a guest stateroom amidships with a queen size berth and work desk and a guest stateroom forward with over/under single size berths. The guest head with enclosed shower is port forward between the guest staterooms.
Bray Passagemaker Salon
The salon offers wrap-around seating with a fold-up coffee table port forward, entertainment center port aft, settee and table starboard aft, opening side and aft windows with blinds, storage cabinets and drawers and Weeems & Plath clock and barometer.
Bray Passagemaker Galley
The galley is located starboard forward in the salon.
- Magic Chef stainless steel refrigerator/freezer with an icemaker
- Magic Chef 4-burner propane cooktop
- Sharp Carousel convection/microwave oven
- Broan trash compactor
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Granite countertop
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Wood sole
- Glass storage cabinets
Bray Passagemaker Dining
Dining space is available at the salon settee.
Bray Passagemaker Master Stateroom
The full-beam master stateroom is aft and offers a centerline queen size berth, 2 portlights, reading lights, nightstands, storage drawers and cabinets, 2 hanging lockers, wood sole and an ensuite head with an enclosed shower.
Bray Passagemaker Mid Guest Stateroom
The mid guest stateroom offers a queen size berth, reading light, work desk to port, hanging locker, storage drawers, 2 portlights, nightstand and carpet. The guest head with enclosed shower is to port forward of this stateroom.
Bray Passagemaker Forward Guest Stateroom
The forward guest stateroom offers 2 single size berths, wood sole and storage drawers and cabinets. The guest head with enclosed shower is port aft of this stateroom.
Bray Passagemaker Laundry
- Bosch washer
- Bosch dryer
Bray Passagemaker Pilothouse
The pilothouse offers a full helm forward with storage underneath, Diamond Seaglaze Dutch side deck access door on each side, benchseat port aft, RCB helmseat and stairs starboard forward to the guest staterooms.
Bray Pilothouse Audio/Visual Equipment
- JVC XV-M555 DVD player in the salon
- JVC RX-6000X A/V receiver in the salon
- Brok Sonic VHS player in the salon
- Fisher CD/cassette player in the master stateroom
Bray Passagemaker Electronics
- 2 X JRC JMA-2254 Raster Scan Radars
- JRC J-Nav 500 GPS
- 2 X View Sonic displays connected to a ship's laptop with electronic charts
- Furuno FCV-628 fish finder/depth sounder
- Furuno FCV-582L depth sounder
- Icom IC-M700 Pro SSB
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF
- Simrad AP-48 autopilot
- Simrad RI35 rudder angle indicator
- Aquameter magnetic compass
Bray Passagemaker Electrical System
- Kubota/Newage 12 kW generator with approximately 207 hours
- Trace Engineering inverter
- Charles 20 amp battery charger
- Xantrex Truecharge2 20 amp battery charger
- Guest ChargePro 2611 battery charger
- Lithionics diagnostic battery charger
- Neverdie LI3 house battery
- 2 X Deka 4D main engine start batteries
- Exide group 24 generator start battery
- 140 amp alternator
- 50 amp shore power cord
- Glendinning Cablemaster shore power cord system
- 12 vdc outlet on the flybridge
- Professional Mariner and Newmar electrical panels
Bray Passagemaker Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Single Caterpillar 3208 NA 210 HP main engine with approximately 722 hours
- Glendinning MicroCommander electronic engine control
- Key Power 3500 hydraulic get-home engine powered by the generator
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Racor 900FH fuel polishing system
- Dual Racor 75/500FGX fuel filters with a vacuum gauge for the main engine
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for the generator
- Fuel manifold
- Key Power hydraulic bowthruster
- Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (4 zones)
- Hurricane diesel fired heating system
- Hurricane diesel fired water heater
- Scepter watermaker
- 2 X sea chests
- Air conditioning system raw water manifold
- Bilge pump system manifold
- Micro Pulse tank level monitor system
- Vacuflush heads
Bray Passagemaker Deck Equipment
- Maxwell 3500 dual gypsy anchor windlass with a wired remote and remote control at the pilothouse helm
- 65 KG plow anchor
- Fortress FX55 anchor
- Spare Danforth anchor
- Stainless steel anchor rollers
- Forepeak access
- Portuguese Bridge with a benchseat and storage
- Non-skid decks
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel rails
- Dock water connection
Bray Passagemaker Tender
- Inmar rigid hull inflatable tender
- Yamaha 15 HP electric start outboard
- Venture model VW-1200 galvanized trailer
- Mast and boom davit system
- Kine Hoismatic Hydraulic Hoisting Motor
Bray Passagemaker Safety and Fire Protection
- Kidde Mariner FyreWatch FE241 engine room fire suppression system
- Fire extinguishers
- First Alert smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- Xintex Fireboy S-2A propane CNG fume detector and control system in the galley
- Jabsco searchlight
- Lifering and light
- Annke internet connected security camera system
Bray Passagemaker Exclusions
Sellers' personal belongings
Bray Passagemaker Design
The John W. was designed and built according to specifications developed by Bray Yacht Design and Research, an award winning firm specializing in naval architecture, project management, interior design and marine consulting. She was designed with advanced features in order to enhance seaworthiness, fuel economy and comfort. She is especially well-suited for long-range cruising. The hull design prioritizes stability especially in heavy seas and interior design features have been selected for optimal comfort, particularly for long-range cruising.
Bray Passagemaker Seller Comments
Few vessels now available for sale can compare with the Bray Yacht Design Passagemaker Karvi 47. when it comes to design features, leading edge technology and the quality and integrity of construction. Designed by award-winning naval architect Patrick Bray, the John W. features a full displacement hull, with widely flared bow sections, a spray knocker to reduce spray on deck, as well as an ellipsoid bulbous bow to reduce drag and enhance the seakeeping qualities of the vessel.. The hull features pitch and roll-dampening fixed twin keels . Tunnel enclosures around a large diameter highly skewed propeller allow for the use of a very slow rpm for increased propeller efficiency and reduced noise. This also enables the vessel to drive into head winds and seas without a change of speed. Together these features greatly increase cruising speed without increasing fuel consumption. The John W. can maintain a speed of 8 knots with a 3500 mile range.
Hull and deck are designed and built to American Bureau of Shipping Rules for Unrestricted Offshore Motoryachts as per the recommendations of the American Boat and Yachting Council. The cored fiberglass hull is standard, designed to spread shock loads. Solid layups are specified where required. Watertight bulkheads are designed and engineered to maximize safety.
The engine room has full standing headroom and easy access without compromising accommodations. It is "clean" from a complexity of valves, wiring, and switches, utilizing carefully planned panels as well as automatic and manual fire fighting systems. The dry-stack exhaust reduces back pressure and noise, increasing engine efficiency, while removing exhaust emissions from the cockpit and boat deck. Engine cooling is simplified using keel coolers, which extend engine life by eliminating salt water. The ship uses a sea-chest with all salt water entering into an accessible column, eliminating multiple hull openings. Heavy plexiglass is mounted on the top for viewing into the chest and can be removed while the vessel is afloat.
Bray Passagemaker Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.