Listed at $155,000
Available for SaleSouthern Cross48' 1983 Hatteras
1983 Hatteras 48 Cockpit Motoryacht
Rare Opportunity! Here is your chance to not only own a great and well maintained Hatteras, but to own a recently refit Hatteras motoryacht with numerous modern updates not likely to be found on any of her competitors! She has benefited richly from her current owner who has lovingly gone through the boat and brought every part of it into the 21st century while still maintaining her original charm and Hatteras quality. Very notable is the creation of an occasional 3rd Stateroom on the aft-deck for extra guests! (See walkthrough section below)
SOUTHERN CROSS IS SIMPLY THE BEST EQUIPPED HATTERAS 48 CPMY IN EXISTENCE!!
YOU BENEFIT FROM A FANATICAL OWNER WHO IS PROJECT HAPPY!!
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Dirt Devil central vacuum reaching all areas
- $6,000.00 Simrad NSS EVO 3S Chartplotter with smaller Garmin GPS Nav 741XS as backup
- Glomex Webboat 4G hotspot for internet at sea
- Webasto Diesel Fired Heating system with heat to aft deck (worth 20k). Allows year round liveaboard use!
- Hot and cold water aft deck sink
- Granite counters on all sinks with new fixtures and soap dispensers
- Replaced heat exchanger on starboard engine (parts on hand to do port engine when necessary)
- Replaced raw water impeller and antifreeze starboard engine
- Replaced raw water impeller generator
- New flooring master stateroom and bath to match salon (Traffic Master flooring)
- New outside multi-colored LED lighting for walkways
- All lighting replaced with LED!
- Kitchen undercabinet LED multi-color accent lighting with remote control (in addition to existing LED under cabinet lighting)
- Marble backspash for galley backsplash
- Brand new Cruisair a/c compressor for aft bedroom
- New fuel gauges at helm
- New fuel gauge directly on main fuel tank as well
- New non-stick on all steps on boat
- (4) New engine room blowers for additional cooling
- Fully integrated and interfaced electronics-recently tuned professionally!
- Vetus Bow Thruster!!! (15k)
- Aft deck LED Smart TV on remote controlled lift in custom cabinet!
- Custom curtains for complete privacy on aft deck creating another guest area with queen sleep sofa
- Vacuflush heads
- Detroit 6V92TA’s with under 2,000 hours!
- Bottom Cleaned regularly and bottom paint serviceable by diver
- DVD players on all three LED TVS
- All windows custom tinted
- New LED cockpit task spotlighting
- All windows have newer custom blinds with matching wood grain
- Custom Oak dining table with inlaid Rosette
- Newer Queen Sleeper in salon matching new sleeper in aft deck
- Working intercom system
- Working PA hailer
- Working Searchlight
- All Manuals onboard
- Sea power engine driven AC generator!! Runs Refrigerator and AC while cruising! No need to run Genset!
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||48' (15 m)|
|Beam:||14' (5 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||595 gal (2,253 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||190 gal (720 L)|
|Holding Tank:||65 gal (247 L)|
|Location:||Massachusetts, New Bedford, United States|
|Model:||48 Cockpit Motoryacht|
|Cruising Speed:||17 Knots|
|Max Speed:||19 Knots|
"Southern Cross" is capable of sleeping up to 10 people comfortably!!! 2 in the forward cabin just forward of galley/dinette area, 2 in the convertible dinette, 2 in the new queen sleeper sofa in the salon, 2 in the master stateroom down a short stairwell from the salon and 2 in the new queen sleeper sofa on the aft deck!! Guest stateroom forward features an en-suite head with sink, vanity, vacuflush head and shower. The very generous salon which is 3 steps down and forward of the aft deck features rich built-in cabinetry, bookcase, large windows and new sofa and upholstered chairs. The Pilothouse/helm area is located 3 steps up from the aft deck and is fully enclosed allowing 4 season use. Engine room is accessed by door located under the galley steps up to the salon. Cockpit is accessed either from the dock or down a short ladder on the starboard side of the aft deck. There are full walkaround side decks to the bow area on the main deck which are accessed through port and starboard aft deck wing doors. NOTE: The aft deck can be used as a third stateroom featuring hot and cold water sink, pop-up LED TV, queen sleeper sofa and full custom privacy curtains.
Light and airy with large windows, the salon features built-in Teak cabinetry, entertainment center, queen sized new sleep sofa and upholstered chairs, bookcase and easy access to master stateroom, dinette forward and aft deck. There are ample 110v outlets as well as access to ships electrical service and all new LED lighting. Custom wood blinds to match Teak woodwork are new addition.
Galley features hot and cold pressure water, stainless steel sink, new granite counter tops with under-counter soap dispenser, new LED task lighting, new multi-color under cabinet accent lighting with remote control, newer refrigerator, new marble backsplash, newer stove/oven combination unit, newer Kenmore microwave, generous well laid out cabinet storage, efficient U-Shaped layout.
Full walkaround centerline queen berth, built-in night tables with drawer storage in each, generous cedar lined hanging lockers, generous port and starboard banks of drawers, AC/Reverse cycle heat controls (brand new Cruisair compressor just installed) en-suite head with separate stall shower, sink with vanity and mirror, Teak woodwork, AC 110v outlets, LED accent and main lighting. Frigidaire Washer and Dryer laundry center!
Located forward with over/under berths to starboard, en-suite private head with shower, beautiful Teak cabinetry with generous drawer storage and cedar lined hanging closet, AC 110v outlets, AC/Heat fan control.
Electronics and Helm:
New Simrad NSS EVO 3S Chartplotter (cost of 6K), Auxiliary Garmin GPS Nav 741XS Touchscreen chartplotter, 24 Mile Furuno Radar, forward looking sonar, Standard Hailer, Standard VHF, Robertson Autopilot interfaced with plotters, waterproof stereo system, Glendinning engine synchronizer, Scentury vapor detection indicators, AIS transmitter/receiver, Vetu Bow Thruster control, New enclosure as of 2013 - still in good condition.
Sea power engine driven AC generator!! Runs Refrigerator and AC while cruising! No need to run Genset, 15KW Onan Generator, (1) 50 amp 110/220v shore power inlet, (1) 30 amp 110v shore power inlet, battery parallel switch at helm, 12v battery charger, 110/220v circuit breakers, 12v/24v circuit breakers, 110v outlets throughout vessel, 12v outlet at helm.
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment:
Two Detroit Diesel 6V92TA engines with under 2,000 hours. Engines run great and turn 2300 rpm with clean bottom at full throttle (mfg. spec rpm) Great trawler like efficiency…..7-8 gph total burn at 8kts! *Genset not necessary when cruising due to Sea Power engine driven AC generator!
"Southern Cross" is truly exceptional in her size, price and age range and will stand taller as a result of the comprehensive refit completed by her current owner. In terms of value and quality for dollar spent, you’ll be hard pressed to do better than this yacht in this size and class. Showings available to qualified serious buyers.
Owner's personal effects, art work and tools.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.