Listed at $469,000
Available for SaleTOP NOTCH50' 1997 Viking
Here is a nice example of the 50' Viking sportfishing convertible with full tuna tower that has benefited from thorough updating throughout the past few years, to include a cockpit mezzanine, teak helm pod, and Eskimo crushed ice machine. Three double berth staterooms, an interior modification unseen on any other 50' Viking convertible. Owner-operator has made multiple updates which make TOP NOTCH look like a later model boat.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Gilman Yachts of Ft. Lauderdale, Inc.. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||50' (16 m)|
|Beam:||14' (5 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||805 gal (3,048 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||208 gal (788 L)|
|Holding Tank:||50 gal (190 L)|
|Location:||Maryland, Ocean City, United States|
|Model:||Flybridge with Tower|
|Cruising Speed:||28 Knots|
|Max Speed:||32 Knots|
A considerable refit was done to this boat starting in 2012, transforming her into a custom sportfishing rig that fits in on any high end tournament dock. Upgrades include reconfiguration of the cockpit adding an observation mezzanine lounge as well as teak covering boards, a faux teak transom and toe rails. The bow rail and pulpit have been removed, the hull painted with Alexseal Sky Blue polyurethane and topsides re-gelcoated eliminating any flaws to her finish. In addition to all newer soft goods, the interior has also been updated to include a low profile galley with under counter Sub Zero drawer refrigeration, hardwood sole and quartz border countertops. The port side and forward staterooms have been converted to double berths and the laundry has been cleverly relocated to the port side companionway, aft of the guest stateroom with front loading washer and dryer.
All mechanical systems have been updated, rebuilt or replaced including a new generator in 2015. The main engines were completely overhauled in 2012, including main bearings, turbos, pistons and cooling system. Factory recommended services have been performed on a timely basis.
Navigation and entertainment electronics have also been updated. Just out of the boatyard with detail and bottom job, October 2022.
TOP NOTCH is one of a kind and a pleasure to show.
Salon and Dinette
Nicely done salon features hi-gloss custom raised panel cabinet doors and hardwood floors. The settees are matched coco-colored ultra-leather and a teak inlayed dinette table. The border countertops are topped with quartz stone and the galley counters are a neutral tone Corian with bullnose edge.
- L-shaped port side Ultra Leather settee with storage beneath the hinged seat cushions and end table / opening top storage cubby at the forward end
- Teak plank hardwood sole with oriental style area rugs
- Silhouette window shades mounted behind custom teak valance boards
- Dark tinted salon windows and overhead recessed LED lighting
- Raised panel high gloss teak cornice boards with paisley fabric vertical panels and matching decorative pillows
- Raised panel high gloss teak cabinetry housing entertainment electronics, bottle storage and the main electrical panel to starboard
- Bose Lifestyle entertainment system with four Jewel Cube speaker arrays and a center channel speaker
- 40-inch Visio flat panel smart-TV mounted centerline forward in salon
- LG Blueray DVD player
- DirectTV receiver
- Wall mounted nautical ships clock, aft
- Custom teak dinette table with center inlay blue marlin and trim ring
- Storage beneath dinette seat cushions
Open galley with under-counter refrigeration, molded Corian sink to the outboard side and hideaway inset stovetop in the forward side of the countertop with custom backsplash and vent.
- Subzero refrigerator drawers and freezer units with raised wood panel front
- White under-mounted molded sink with disposal and Grohe faucet/wand
- Filtered water tap
- Sandstone Corian countertop with an aft spill backsplash outboard behind the sink
- Custom Corian backsplash on the forward galley wall by the cooktop with Marlin graphic, florescent light above under cabinet
- Fresh water tank gauge
- Princess electric stovetop inset under hideaway counter top panel, electric cook vent
- GE Profile stainless steel microwave/convection oven in a side cabinet to starboard of companionway stairs
Drawer and cabinet storage below sink and cooktop - additional dish/foodstuff storage above the dinette in the forward cabinets and pantry to side cabinet portside of stairs
Master Stateroom, Starboard Midship
The Master stateroom in at the bottom of the companionway steps to the starboard side.
- Walk-around queen size berth with lifting top for storage below
- Custom teak headboard with compass rose inlay and mirror above
- Marble outboard countertop and nightstand tops
- Bedspread with matched pillow shams and decor pillows
- Brass ship lanterns (red/green) with shaded table lamps on bedstands
- Custom wall covering outboard above dresser and aft to either side of headboard
- Hanging locker, double doors, cedar lined
- Built in dressing/makeup table with stool and mirror, forward
- Visio LCD TV
- Stereo speakers with volume knob / brass ships clock
- 3 outboard cabinets / 3 dresser drawers / cabinets below each nightstand
- Cruisair SMX digital thermostat
- Teak trimmed overhead opening deck hatch
- Carpeted sole
- Full length mirror on back of door to head
En-suite bathroom with shower and freshwater Vacuflush toilet, solid surface vanity with molded in sink, medicine cabinet with mirror above and cabinet storage below. Shower is one-piece molded with a bi-fold sliding door. Head has a vent fan and Air Conditioning vent. Laminate wood sole.
VIP Stateroom, Forward
The forward stateroom has an offset double berth to the starboard side with lifting hinged platform and large storage compartment beneath. To the portside forward is a marble stone nightstand shelf and just aft is a cedar lined hanging locker. On the starboard side of the berth is a small storage shelf. Above forward are two teak doors allowing access to the anchor locker. This is a custom queen size mattress. There is a wall mounted Toshiba flat panel TV and a pair of stereo speakers with volume knob. Overhead is a teak trimmed opening deck hatch.
To the aft portside is the entrance door to the guest head. This bathroom has shower and freshwater Vacuflush toilet, solid surface vanity with molded in sink, medicine cabinet with mirror above and cabinet storage below. Shower is one-piece molded with a bi-fold sliding door. Head has a vent fan and Air Conditioning vent. There is a second door into this head from the companionway that allows use as a day head and to service the other guest stateroom. Wood laminate sole.
The companionway is 4 steps down from the salon level deck and is carpeted. There are several storage compartments beneath the steps containing attachments for the central vacuum system, also found here. Along the companionway there is a hidden cabinet that houses a front-loading washer and separate dryer (Splendide Ariston).
Guest Stateroom, Portside Midship
Modified from original, this stateroom has a raised double berth with a lifting platform beneath which reveals a custom rod and tackle storage area. Outboard is another concealed compartment with further rod storage. Above the headboard of the bed is a teak soffit with lighting and cabinet. On the forward bulkhead is a wall mounted JVC flat panel TV with a DVD player. Outboard forward is a teak door with hanging locker and a marble shelf and below there is a carpeted step. Bedspread is a plaid material with matching pillow shams. There is a carpeted sole.
Custom mezzanine lounge with Ultra-leather and fabric cushions. There are beautiful teak covering boards rounded to the coaming panels and teak decking on the mezzanine and salon steps. The cockpit sole is non-skid finished. White laminate treads on the aluminum flybridge ladder starting from the salon door landing, which also has a lift up lid with refrigerated drink box below. Varnished teak hinged salon door with frameless window and positive lock keeper latch. In the center of the cockpit is a Bluewater teak fighting chair with teak rocket launcher backrest mounted on a 4-inch chrome stanchion. Beneath the deck is a large fish box with opening hatches to either side of the chair and macerator pump out. Aft of the fish box is a hatch to access the rudder area / lazarette. Under the portside of the mezzanine are two hatches (one under each cushion) which have moon spring keepers and a large, insulated ice storage bin where the Eskimo crushed ice machine deposits. Teasers and larger fishing gear is stored in a cabinet beneath the mezzanine teak deck. In the center of the mezzanine is the engine room access hatch which hinges up. The coverboards have 2 flush mounted rod holders and there are three clearout rod holders on each tower leg. A walkthrough transom door and gate are to the rear starboard side. Scupper drains are in the aft corners of the cockpit. To the starboard side of the salon door is another cabinet, plus there is a fiberglass step box with lifting lid and storage. Under the forward starboard side gunwale is a cabinet with cutout for the shore power cord which has a Glendinning cablemaster electric wind-up and electric reel plug. On the port side in the same cabinet is dockside water connection, saltwater washdown hose connection, and freshwater washdown spigot plus electric reel plug. The overhang from the flybridge has two blue LED lights in it and there are also cockpit lights beneath the gunwales. The upper transom corners have stainless line hawsers, stainless cleats, and the scuppers have FRP covers to minimize cockpit flooding when backing down.
Helm and Flybridge
The flybridge is spacious and comfortable with well-made custom cushions for the bench seating forward of the helm and to the port side of the bridge. Teak Murray Brothers custom ladderback helm and companion chairs are behind the helm console on the extended bridge deck that allows easy walk-around the back of these seats. The enclosure is poly-carbonate (Cool2sea) in good condition and covers three sides. To starboard outboard of the forward bench seat is a custom molded fiberglass bait freezer with and air-cooled Frigibar refrigeration unit beneath the helm console.
The helm has a varnished teak helm pod with single lever controls and a stainless steel three spoke helm wheel. The helm pod has a classic chrome bezel glass covered gauge cluster. To the right of the helm pod is a recessed electronics box with acrylic lift up cover. Trim tab switch is beneath the back of the helm pod as are the engine start/stop switches. Overhead is the Pipewelders hardtop with an extended aft shade portion and a pocket with mounted Miya Epoch electric teaser reels. The chairs have the contoured cushions with tan ultra-leather which matches the bench seat cushions. There is extra rod storage beneath the bench seats and LED lighting in the hardtop. Fresh water spigot on flybridge.
- Simrad NSE 12 color GPS/Chartplotter, multi-function display
- Simrad NSE 8 color GPS/Chartplotter, multfunction display
- Furuno Radar with Open Array 6' radar scanner, 72-mile range
- Garmin 7212 GPS/Chartplotter, multi-function display
- Simrad AP28 autopilot
- ICOM 605 Vhf radio with remote mounted CommandMic
- ICOM 604 Vhf radio with remote mounted CommandMic
- KVH TracVision 4 satellite TV dome antenna, mounted on buggy top
- Fusion MS-UD750 Marine stereo system, Bluetooth and phone dock
- JL Audio Speakers, 6 round, 2 subs
- Eskimo Ice remote control panel
- ACR 100 remote control spotlight
- Small ICOM VHF radio in cabinet in tower
Deck and Hull Equipment
- Hull is painted Alexseal Sky Blue (2012) with White gelcoat deckhouse and topsides (re-gelcoated 2012). Royal Blue boot stripe and blue bottom paint.
- Black painted forward deckhouse mask
- Frameless windows
- Faux teak transom and toe rail with 10 coats of clearcoat
- Bomar hatches on foredeck,3
- Anchor locker with access on foredeck
- Quartz spreader lights in tower, 2
- Powder coated grabrails on deckhouse side above windows
- Canvas cockpit fly shade (under flybridge overhang to transom)
- FBG cockpit step box
- Navigation lights
- Chrome single trumpet air horn
- Eight rod holders along aft flybridge railing, double pipe
- Stainless steel bow, spring, and stern cleats
- Reinforced FBG water tank and FBG fuel tank
- Connection inlets for dockside cable TV and telephone
- Onan 17Kw generator in sound shield, new 2015
- Isolation transformer
- Charles Industries 40amp, 12v battery charger
- Sentry 25amp, 24v battery charger
- Batteries in FBG boxes, with cutoff switch panel
- All batteries and chargers were renewed 12/2015
- Battery parallel switch
- 12/24v DC system, 110/220v AC system, main electrical panel in salon with digital meters, breakers, & switching
- 50amp shore power cord on Glendinning cablemaster (50')
- Bonded electrical system with grounding plate
- Electric hot water heater, Raritan (2012)
- Cruisair reverse-cycle air conditioning system, SMX II digital thermostats
- Cruisair cockpit refrigeration unit in engine room
Engine Room and Mechanical
- MAN 10-cylinder 820hp diesels, D2860LXE, with approximately 4800 hours SMOH, reported 2012 by Ace Marine
- ZF 350 Transmission reduction gears with 1.58:1 ratio
- Awlgripped engine room
- Single Lever MicroCommander Engine Controls, single binnacle tower station
- Engine syncronizer
- Power steering, Sea Star
- Engine room Start/Stop switches and gauge panels
- Racor primary fuel filters, flow restriction gauges
- Fuel priming pumps
- Oil Change pump/system
- SeaWater intake valves have emergency crash pump diverter valves
- Exhaust System renewed with hardcase wrapped riser pipes
- Engine room Fire suppression system, Sea Fire
- Engine room circulation fans and extraction blowers
- Dometic 600 lb/day Eskimo crushed ice machine plumbed to insulated box beneath mezzanine seat
- Two grey-water sump boxes
- Automatic/manual bilge pumps
- Flo-jet 1/2hp freshwater system pump and accumulator tank
- Dockside water connection with pressure reducing valve
- Vacuflush freshwater heads with holding tank and dock-pump out/macerator
- Cruiseair reverse-cycle air conditioning system, with SMX II digital thermostats
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Dripless shaft logs and rudder seals
- 4-bladed Nibral propellers
Here is a very nice example of the 50' Viking Yachts convertible that has benefitted from thorough updating and customization over the past 10 years. Offshore fishing rigged, plus mezzanine cockpit, this is not your average Viking. Three double berth staterooms and upgraded interior finish, including hardwood galley sole, raised panel cabinet doors, valances, and window panels, also a custom galley and countertops.
Disclaimer & Exclusions
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. TOP NOTCH is still in use by her current owner and there are personal belongings aboard that will not convey. More specifically, all tools, tackle, dive gear, weather gear, handheld electronics, valise life-raft, & paper charts. A complete list of exclusions will be provided upon request when accompanied by an acceptable written purchase offer.