Listed at $898,000
Available for SaleStudio C53' 1994 Blackwell
1994 53' Blackwell Express
Major Price Reduction!
With the Fort Lauderdale Int. Boat Show just around the corner, you owe it to yourself to come see one of the nicest Custom Carolina Express on the market today!
Easy to see, call today for more information or to schedule a showing
STUDIO C comes to the market in remarkable condition having recently undergone an extensive refit by Blackwell Boatworks in Wanchese, NC.
After more than a year of hard work and thoughtful design, this 53 Express is flawless. Unmistakable Carolina flare and craftmanship from a pedigreed custom builder this boat must be seen to be appreciated. From her re-designed 120 sq. ft. cockpit with mezzanine, new Pipewelders tower, full custom paint and all new electronics she is turn-key and tournament capable.
MAN D-2840LE401 820HP engines have just been completely serviced by ACE Marine Diesel and provide an efficient 28 knot cruise. The list of upgrades is extensive, this boat is truly a showpiece!
DON'T WAIT--CALL NOW for more information or to schedule a showing.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||53' (17 m)|
|Beam:||14' (5 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||800 gal (3,029 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||120 gal (455 L)|
|Holding Tank:||11 gal (42 L)|
|Location:||Florida, New Smyrna Beach, United States|
|Cruising Speed:||28 Knots|
|Max Speed:||32 Knots|
STUDIO C returned to Wanchese in the Fall of 2021 to begin a yearlong transformation that left no detail untouched. Blackwell Boatworks was provided an open checkbook to transform this 53 into one of the nicest large Express models available today.
The list of new equipment and systems involved in this refit is extensive, documentation can be provided upon request. Please first refer to this listing.
In addition to the many custom features added, this comprehensive refit included but is not limited to the Pipewelders tower and outriggers, all wiring, engine controls, paint, marine electronics, pumps, AC units, plumbing, thru-hulls, hoses and clamps and more. Engines and generator are current with factory recommended services; 1000 Hour service completed by ACE Marine Diesel - July 2023.
Stepping aboard, the 120 sq.ft. cockpit is pure tournament functionality. The large, Awl-grip finished transom fish box will make any Charter captain smile. New features include custom mezzanine seating with insulated storage, teak covering boards, Livewell and custom tuna door.
The elevated helm deck provides great visibility, plenty of seating, customized tackle center/ wet bar, a settee with cocktail table all within an air-conditioned acrylic 4-sided enclosure.
Removable custom mesh sunshades keep this area cool and provide privacy while at the dock making this area a great place to lounge or entertain.
Pipewelders tower has comfortable bench seating, complete upper helm with engine controls and 10" Garmin MFD.
The cabin features a huge private head and stand-up shower, L-shaped dinette seating to port, a day galley to starboard with a full beam v-berth forward. There is tons of storage everywhere, allowing everything from tackle, rods & reels, spare parts and supplies to be stowed away neatly and securely keeping the interior clean and uncluttered.
The engine room is accessed from the cockpit via a hinged section of the mezzanine seating. The engine room layout is very roomy with easy access to forward and outboard of the engines. Everything including batteries is easily accessible making maintenance chores easy.
Hull and Deck:
- Awl-Craft 2000 Crystal Silver Solid Hull Paint
- Topsides is Awl-Craft 2000 Cloud White
- Awl-Craft 2000 Cloud White Non-Skid Deck Surfaces
- Pipewelders Anodized Aluminum Single Rail Tuna Tower with Upper Helm
- Pipewelders Custom Molded Fiberglass Hardtop
- Pipewelders Tower Carbon Fiber Sunshade
- Pipewelders 72" Bench Style Tower Seating
- Pipewelders 50" Tower Control Box
- Complete Upper Station Including Glendinning Engine Controls
- Pipewelders 32' Double Spreader Anodized Aluminum Outriggers with Solid Arm Releases
- Overhead Anodized Aluminum 6-Rod Rocket Launcher Style Vertical Rod Storage
- (6) Tower Leg Mounted Clearing Rod Holders
- Tower Platform Integrated LED Spreader Lights
- Cockpit Courtesy Lighting
- (4) 8" Marine Stereo Speakers in Cockpit
- Lumishore Underwater Lights
- Cockpit Teak Coaming and Covering Boards
- (6) Lee Flush Mounted Gunwale Rod Holders
- Starboard Side Tuna Door with Stainless Gate Latch
- Transom Fish Box with Awl-Grip Finished Interior
- Cockpit Lazarette Hatch
- Cockpit Mezzanine Seating with Removeable Custom Cushions, Insulated Storage Beneath Seat and Step Storage
- Cockpit Engine Room Access
- (6) 12V Cockpit Under Gunwale Outlets (2)30 amp & (4)15 amp
- Port Side Cockpit 35-Gallon Livewell
- Cockpit Fresh and Saltwater Washdown
- (6) Polished Stainless Steel 12" Deck Cleats
- Stainless Hawse Pipe - Bow
- Stainless Rub Rail
- Release Marine 8-Rod Varnished Teak Rocket Launcher with Polished Stainless-Steel Pedestal
Helm Deck and Electronics:
The helm deck area features a teak and holly sole with an elevated helm platform with excellent 360-degree visibility. Immediately upon stepping on to the helm deck you will find a Tackle center with a granite counter, removable filler panels provide access to a stainless-steel sink and spigot. Below the counter are two bi-fold acrylic doors with drawer storage and shelving for (8) tackle organizers. Forward of the tackle center on the port side is a settee with varnished teak table, fore and aft facing seating and beverage refrigerator.
There is forward helm bench seating with storage beneath and a smartly designed single, upper tiered seat. There is also a forward bulkhead storage cabinet perfect for keeping easy to reach items such as ships papers and/or safety gear.
Helm has two Murray chairs with footrests, electrically actuated electronics cabinet, and overhead teaser reels.
This entire space stays nice and cool in the summer heat enclosed in a four-sided acrylic enclosure by P&R Canvas.
- Full Upper Station in Tower with Bench Seat and Sunshade
- Electrically Actuated Lower Helm Electronics Cabinet
- (2) Garmin 8617 Displays
- (1) Garmin 8610 Display - Tower
- Garmin 6 KW 72 Nm Radar with 48" Hi-Def Open Array Antenna
- Garmin Reactor 40 Auto-Pilot with Smartpump V2 & GHC 20 Display
- Airmar 509LHW 3KW 28-60kHz & 150-250 KHZ Transducer
- Garmin VHF 115 Radio-Tower
- Icom IC-M510 VHF Radio
- Garmin Remote Mounted Card Reader
- Ritchie 6" Powerdamp Compass
- (2) Shakespeare Galaxy 5018 Antennas
- Fusion Bluetooth/Satellite Ready Marine Stereo
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Glendinning Pro-Pilot Joystick Control
- Glendinning Engine Controls & Synchronizer
- SMX Seaview Marine Diesel Engine Displays
- ACR Remote Operated Spotlight
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Schmitt 13.5" 5-Spoke Stainless Steering Wheel
- Miya Epoch US 9R 24V Teaser Reels with Remote Operation
- Varnished Teak Helm Pod with Polished Stainless Palm Beach Sigle Lever Controls
- Integrated Momentary Bow Thruster Switches in Each Engine Lever
- Murray Brothers Varnished Teak Helm & Companion Chairs with Adjustable Footrests and Removable Cushions
- Canvas Helm Pod Cover
- Canvas Chair Covers
- Helm Air-Conditioning Vents
- Port Side Settee with Fore and Aft Facing Bench Seats, Removable Cushions and Integrated Isotherm CB49 Stainless Beverage Cooler
- Custom Grey with Blue Piping P& R Canvas Cushions
- P&R Canvas Acrylic Enclosure
- Custom Mesh Sunshades by P&R Canvas
Interior and Accommodations:
- Centerline Companionway Door with Varnished Teak Trim and Glass Insert
- Carpeted Companionway Steps
- Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
- Private Head with Raritan Electric Toilet, Separate Stand-Up Shower Stall, Vanity and Pedestal Ceramic Sink
- Day Galley to Starboard with Magic Chef Microwave/ Convection Oven
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Magic Chef Refrigerator with Freezer Shelf
- Above and Below Counter Cabinets with All New Brushed Stainless Cabinet Pulls
- L-Shaped Dinette to Port with Upholstered Seating and Varnished Teak Table
- Full Beam V-Berth with Fitted Foam Mattress
- Port and Starboard Overhead Cabinetry Above V-berth
- Painted Bead Board Headliner
- AC/DC Lighting
- 43" Flatscreen TV, Adjustable Wall Mount Bracket
- Easy Access Ship's Panel
- AC Outlets
Engine Room and Machinery:
- Twin MAN D2840-LE401 10 Cyl. 820 HP Diesel Engines
- 1000 Hour Service Including Heat Exchangers, Intercoolers, Turbo Compressor Housings, New Raw Water Pumps, Valve Adjustments, Injectors, Belts, Fuel Pumps. All work performed by ACE Marine Diesel - July 2023
- ZF Model IRM350 AL Marine Gears - 1.580:1 Ratio
- Aquamet 22 2.75" Shafts with Dripless Shaft Seals
- Westerbeke 9.4 BTDB 9.4 KW Generator - Completely Serviced by ACE Marine Diesel - July 2023. Currently 3,232 Hours
- Single 50 Amp/240V Shore-power Service with 50' Cord
- Raycor 1000 MA Fuel Water Seperators - Main Engines
- Parker R20S Fuel/Water Seperators - Gen.
- All New Shields Blue Silicone Engine Hose and Stainless Clamps Throughout
- All New Wiring
- LED Engine Room Lighting
- Atlantic Marine Stainless Hot Water Heater
- Pro-Nautic 24-30P Battery Charger
- Mastervolt Chargemaster Plus 24/110 2-Bank Charger
- Vanner Voltmaster 100 Amp High Efficiency Battery Equalizer
- Moeller Vinyl Battery Boxes
- Optima AGM & Deep Cycle Batteries
- Glendinning Engine Controls
- Jabsco Hot-Shot Series 24V 70 PSI Freshwater Pump
- Shurflo Baitmaster Livewell Pump
- Shurflo Washdown Pump
- (2) Mabru Model SC17C 17,000 BTU Reverse Cycle AC Units
- Vimar Digital AC Controllers
- AC Engine Room Outlets
- Custom Aluminum 120 Gallon Freshwater Tank
- Spare Props
Tools, Fishing Gear, Clothing and Personal Property.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.