Listed at $799,000
Available for SaleBacklash56' 2006 Custom Carolina
"Backlash" is a Tournament Winning, locally built Custom Sportsfisherman with a Great Reputation as a Fish Raiser, and Comfortable Corporate Charter vessel, that is sure to please your entire crowd. With a huge cockpit, XL Transom fishbox, Wide Gunwales with Teak Coverboards, Underwater LED Lights, Built in Mezzanine seating with removable cushions and a generous overhang. She is equipped and rigged for the Mid-Atlantic tournament trail. Interior comfort is Surprisingly Pleasing. Huge Salon equipped with Pop-Up TV, SAT TV receiver, 2 very large sofas with Tons of Tackle storage beneath, Satin Cherry Interior, Complete Galley. Downstairs you will find a Very Roomy two stateroom, Plus hallway bunks, 2 full head and shower layout, with a Bait Freezer closet as well. Tournament style Bridge with Pop-up displays for all of the Nav Screens and Huge Lounging Seats. Recently painted Hull and Decks (Spring 2020), New Teak Coverboards (Spring 2020), Backlash features the roomiest Engine Space you will find in any 56' boat with Respectable speed and Tremendous fuel economy. Currently in the Bluewater Yard in Hampton, VA, call for details.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Bluewater Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||56' (18 m)|
|Beam:||17' (6 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||800 gal (3,029 L)|
|Location:||Hampton, United States, Virginia|
|Cruising Speed:||30 Knots|
|Max Speed:||35 Knots|
Engines, Fuel, and Performance
With centerline cockpit access, you will find the engine and mechanical space a pleasure to visit. Headroom is excellent and there is complete walking access to all 4 sides of both engines. Well lit and open this is quite possibly the largest room ever found in a 56' boat. Primary fuel filters, batteries, battery chargers, HVAC Units, water heater, Fresh water system, all has its space here with nothing being "crammed together" or stacked on top of each other.
She holds 800 gallons of diesel fuel, in two 400 gallon tanks that are located beneath the cockpit floor. There is a crawl space that runs from the engine room, between the tanks and back to the rear bilge for rudder and rear bilge access.
"Backlash" is powered by twin MTU/Detroit Series 60 engines (825 hp each), there are 8560 hrs on these engines. All aftercoolers, heat exchangers and gear coolers are off being cleaned now, a Full and Complete engine service is being professionally performed now.
Twin Disk direct drive Marine Transmissions with an external Fluid Filter
Northern Lights 12 kw diesel powered generator (6365 hrs). The generator sits on a mechanical shelf in the front of the engine room. Access is excellent and the gen sits is an elevated, Dry location. Remote generator control panel is located in the Salon, adjacent to the AC/DC Breaker panel.
- PERFORMANCE AND FUEL BURN:
The owner/Capt normally cruises at:
1680 rpm = 24 kts = 40 gph. If you calculate range based on a 10% fuel safety margin, Range at this speed is 432 nautical miles.
Here are other Speed/Fuel numbers:
- 1700 rpm = 25 kts = 46 gph
- 1800 rpm = 27 kts = 52 gph
- 1950 rpm = 30 kts = 64 gph
- 2350 rpm = 35 kts Wide Open Throttle
Hull, Cockpit, and Fishing Equipment
- Beautiful "Ice Blue" hull color, repainted by Bluewater (Spring 2020)
- (2) Underwater LED Lights "Lumitec SeaBlaze Quattro"
- High Speed Rudders
- 4 Blade propellers (2.5 in bore: 29 x 37.5)
- Moderate keel for directional stability
- Cutlass Bearings replaced (Spring 2020)
- Trim Tabs recessed into the hull to minimize fishing interference
- Wide gunwhales with thick Teak coverboards (replaced with new boards Spring 2020 at Bluewater)
- Stainless Steel transom hawse pipes
- Heavy Duty stern cleats, mounted beneath the gunwhales
- Transom flat-line release clips
- Huge Transom Fishbox with two piece hinged top, Cutting board surfaces mounted to the underside of the Fishbox lid
- (3) Stainless Steel no-bolt, flush mounted rod holders in each gunwhale (6 total)
- (2) Clearing rod holders welded to each or the rear tower legs (4) total
- SeaDeck cockpit floor and Mezzanine steps
- 50 amp shore power connection under stbd forward gunwhale
- Fresh water washdown, Raw water washdown
- Electric Reel plugs under each gunwhale for Dredge/Deep Drop reels
- Triple Spreader outriggers, professionally rigged with Rupp roller/cam lock equipment. Harken double roller Teaser rigging
- Outriggers are rigged for FlyBridge release with solid back bars, capable of dredge fishing.
- Outrigger Tension lines are professionally rigged with through the gunwhales ferrules and Jam Cleats below
- Stainless steel, Heavy-Duty cockpit Pedestal (Fighting Chair is off the boat for the Winter
- (2) Shimano 50 wide, two speed Teaser Reels mounted above the helm
- (5) rod rocket launcher mounted along the Back Rail of the Flybridge
- All Mezzanine cushions being replaced now
- All Mezzanine boxes are "Rhino Lined" except for the Stainless steel bait box
- Stbd side of Mezzanine: Cleaning supplies are kept in the Lower Storage compartment. Stainless Steel lined Bait box in the upper Storage compartment. Removable seat cushion for the top of this box
- Flybridge ladder adjacent to the salon door
- Step Box located at the Salon Entrance
- Centerline Engine Room access
- Port Side Mezz boxes: Lower box is 48 inches wide, 16 inches deep and 16 inches tall, Upper Box is 48 inches wide, 16inches deep and 18 inches tall
- There are molded in armrests at both ends of the Mezzanine seating space
- (4) hockey puck style LED Lights on the overhang, above the Mezz Seat
- (2) 9 inch Stereo speakers mounted in the overhang
There is a full cockpit cover included
Salon and Galley
The lockable teak sliding salon door is quite wide ( 39 inches) and has an Amtico entry and a Berber carpeted floor. There is a full Sunbrella runner that covers the cockpit carpet. Cockpit headroom is excellent, measuring well over Six and a Half feet. All interior Cabinetry is made of beautiful American Cherry with a satin finish.
Rear and Side Salon windows are very large, and show off the Roomy, Comfortable salon extremely well. Textured Vinyl headliner panels with flush mounted light fixtures complete the Custom Look and High -End feel of the salon
- KVH TracPhone mounted in the stbd rear of the salon, above the Main Breaker panel
- Main AC/DC Breaker panel, conveniently located just inside of the salon door
- There is a tackle cabinet, just ahead of the Breaker Panel. this cabinet has an interior light and switch
- Entertainment components are in the next cabinet up
- DirecTV Receiver
- DVD player
- a 43 inch Flat Screen HDTV pops up out of the back of this cabinet, offering excellent viewing throughout the salon
- A large L-shaped sofa, with Distressed Brisa upholstery, runs along the rear and port side of the Salon
- Tackle storage beneath this sofa is tremendous
- A Custom Cherry High/Low coffee table is located near this sofa
- There is a smaller L-shaped sofa located in the stbd forward area of the salon, across from the Galley (tackle storage beneath this sofa also)
- There is a reverse cycle Heat/Air Conditioning unit dedicated to the Salon/Galley
The galley is located in the forward portion of the salon with an island aft and a buffet area forward.
- Corian Counter tops
- Amtico Teak and Holly galley flooring
- THOR stainless steel (2) drawer refrigerator
- Large pull-out trash receptacle
- (4) galley storage drawers
- Undermount sink with designer faucet
- Large open storage space beneath the sink
- EuroKera Force 10 two burner electric cooktop
- Kenmore Elite stainless steel Microwave oven
- Upper storage cabinets on the forward bulkhead
- (2) full stainless steel cabinets slides, offering easy access to the entire cabinet (not just the front)
- LED Undercounter lights
Lower Accommodations Space
Located 4 steps down from the salon, with a wide 4 step staircase is the lower level. Textured vinyl headliner panels with recessed lights. There is berber carpet with a custom Sunbrella carpet runner. There is a very well organized storage space beneath the steps.
- Upper and lower crew bunks are located along the stbd side of the hallway, with a storage drawer beneath the lower bunk.
- Located just forward of the hallway bunks is a storage closet that houses the Magic Chef Bait Freezer and additional storage space.
- The Guest Head and Shower is forward of the Bait Freezer closet with access from the hallway, as well as from the Forward stateroom. With Amtico Teak and Holly floor, the Guest head features a Corian Countertop and undermount sink, Mirror and two door Medicine Cabinet. Lower storage cabinet beneath the sink, Toilet and stand-up shower with shower curtain.
- There is a zone of Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioning dedicated to the Hallway, crew bunk and Forward stateroom spaces.
- The hallway leads ahead to the Forward Stateroom with a privacy door and Berber carpet, Excellent headroom and private access to the Guest Head and shower. There is a 17 inch Magnavox Flat screen TV mounted in the port rear upper corner of the Guest Cabin, with a hanging locker below. There are upper storage cabinets along the port side. The Forward stateroom bed has a custom mattress, storage beneath the bed, overhead hatch, and overhead lighting.
- The Master Suite is located across from the Hallway bunk space with a locking privacy door. The same Satin Cherry Cabinetry that is shown throughout the rest of the interior is also on display here. 26 inch Toshiba HDTV with DirecTV receiver box, Queen bed on a raised platform with storage drawers built into the bottom. Hanging locker (closet) with two additional upper cabinets and ample floor space and berber carpet. There is a zone of Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioning dedicated to the Master Suite.
- The Master Head and Shower is located forward in the Master Suite with a Corian counter top running along the port side, undermount sink and designer faucet, Mirrored medicine cabinet and lower storage cabinet. Amtico Teak and Holly flooring and Textured Vinyl headliner for the Head. A decent sized, Stand-up shower is forward with a shower curtain, shower seat and Combination showerhead. A Raritan toilet is across from the sink with two storage shelves above.
The tournament style Flying Bridge is accessed by a Ladder that lands in the port rear corner of the bridge deck. A closable Captains hatch is located at the top of the ladder. The back legs of the Heavy-Duty aluminum Hardtop frame have ladder style rear legs, making it easy to get onto the hardtop when necessary. Antennas are mounted to the side of the bridge house, keeping the side decks clear for easy access forward on the wide and safe sidewalks.There are (5) rocket launcher style rod holders mounted to the back bar of the Bridge rail.
- The underside of the hardtop is painted in a flat Ice Blue finish for glare reduction.
- Molded in LED overhead lights in the hardtop
- A tournament style Release Marine Helm Chair mounted on a Stainless Steel pedestal, White Ladderback helm seat with cushion and custom cover.
- Indoor/Outdoor marine carpet on the FlyBridge floor
- SeaDeck standing pad at the helm seat
- Palm Beach style helm pod with single lever controls
- Trim Tab switches and Pop-up Electronics switches mounted on the underside of the Helm Pod
- MTU/Detroit Diesel multi-function engine gauges
- Stainless Steel steering wheel
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- (2) very large Pop-up Electronics boxes for all flush-mounted electronics
- (2) Simrad NSE12 color multi function displays, primarily used for GPS/Plotter Radar and AIS
- 6kw open array Radar antenna
- (2) Icom M506 VHF Radios with remote mic location (either side of the helm pod)
- Twin Disk electronic engine controls with Synch and Troll function
- Trim Tab position indicators
- Simrad AP26 Autopilot
- LED Lightbar switch
- ACR Remote spotlight control
- Garmin GPSMap 7612 xsv (primarily used as a sounder/fishfinder)
- Garmin GPSMap 740 xs (back up GPS)
- Fusion MS RA205 multi function marine stereo (AM/FM/SiriusXM) with bridge and cockpit speaker zones
- (3) sided Polycarbonate Panel helm enclosure with Front zippered air vent and XL pin-up front and side "windows"