Listed at $419,000
Available for SaleCAVILEAH58' 1997 West Bay
"Cavileah" offers two fully rebuilt (in 2020) upgraded Caterpillar diesels, A new 21 KW generator in 2021. Rebuilt Naiad stabilizers, and a three Stateroom Oak interior. Fresh bottom paint in 2020 along with many other significant improvements.
West Bay 58's are performance oriented yachts, with a rock-solid ride, and engineered to the highest North American standards. A very well built, luxurious cruising machine, she is big enough to entertain a large group, yet small enough for a couple to handle comfortably.
Current (2nd) owner purchased in 2004 and has decided its time to move on. Boat To Be Sold!
Priced reduced from $449,000 December 2021!
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||58' (18 m)|
|Beam:||17' (6 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||1,000 gal (3,786 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||240 gal (909 L)|
|Holding Tank:||80 gal (303 L)|
|Location:||Florida, Stuart, United States|
|Cruising Speed:||18 Knots|
|Max Speed:||23 Knots|
This is a three stateroom, galley up, Pilothouse Motor Yacht with a wide beam, spacious salon, wide walkaround side decks, and a large cockpit aft. Satin Oak interior finish. VIP guest stateroom forward with full beam master stateroom.
Cockpit: The 7 foot cockpit is big enough for "Al Fresco" dining or serious water sports activities. There is a large molded-in dive platform accessed via a walk-through transom door. A stainless steel ladder leads up from the cockpit to the flybridge/boat deck, and steps leading forward on both sides to the wide, well protected, side-decks. An opening hatch, leading down to a stairwell, allows access to the stand-up engine room, and aft is a separate hatch for the huge lazarette. Double doors lead forward to the salon. There is a backing station concealed in a pop-up, as well as cabinet storage and a stainless lined cabinet for a grill. Hot and cold shower, dive ladder.
Salon: Entering the main salon from the cockpit through double wide doors is a bright, modern and well furnished salon with a sofa to port and two chairs opposite. The entertainment center includes a TV, AM/FM/CD stereo with 10-disc changer. There are large windows with custom blinds, fitted vinyl headliners with flush-mounted halogen lighting, and a U-Line undercounter refrigerator and a chest freezer. The double doors open aft, and visibility forward is excellent creating a good visual flow from transom to pilothouse.
Forward of the salon and up three steps enter the pilothouse and galley level. To starboard is the curved, hand crafted oak stairway to the flybridge.
Galley: The galley is opposite the dinette and on the same level as the pilothouse. The Corian surfaces offset against the oak-faced appliances, and features all of the factory options, including upgraded faucets and fixtures. Additional storage for dry goods is located under the bench seats of the settee.
Flybridge: The Bridge features a full helm station beneath a large Bimini top (New 2019), two pedestal mounted helm chairs and two L-Shaped settees with seating for eight. Aft of the settees is the boat deck with low profile crane.
The Dinette is on the starboard side with a Corian-topped table and L-Shaped settee for four, plus storage for plates and glassware housed within. Additional storage for dry goods is located under the bench seats of the settee.
Down a curved stairwell on the starboard side of the pilothouse to the staterooms.
Full Beam Mid-Ship Master Stateroom is down and amidships. There is a head with large stall shower, center-line King berth with storage beneath, oak wood nightstands, brass reading lamps and upgraded bedspread, throw pillows, shams and blinds. Superb fit and finish are evident in all of the wood cabinetry, chests of drawers, cedar-lined closet and hanging locker. A stacked Westinghouse washer and dryer are housed inside a closet forward in the master stateroom.
The VIP Guest Stateroom is all the way forward from the master and features a queen-size berth on center-line. This comfortable stateroom has the factory optional mirrored oak storage cabinets built in overhead on both port and starboard sides. A chest of drawers, cedar lined hanging locker and storage for suitcases is provided in lockers beneath the berth. Two opening overhead hatches provide bright natural lighting by day or a direct view of the stars at night. Two brass reading lamps are mounted to the headboard.
The Second Guest Stateroom is to port, offering over/under single berths with reading lamps, a hanging locker, and drawer storage. There is access to the shared guest head including stall shower, mirrored vanity and wood laminate flooring.
The Guest Head is to starboard aft of the VIP. It has a separate shower stall. This serves as the day head as well as the guest staterooms facility.
U-Shaped Galley is on the Pilothouse level aft portside with dinette across.
- Corian Countertops
- GE Full Sized Double Door Refrigerator
- GE 4-Burner Rangetop
- U-Line Ice Maker in Pilothouse
- Chest freezer in salon
- Garbage Compactor
- Garbage Disposal
- Microwave Oven
- Separate undercounter refrigerator in salon
- Apartment sized over-under washer and dryer in Master S/R
- Garmin 7608 Multi Function Display
- Northstar 6100i Color GPS Charting system
- Northstar Networked 64 Mile Radar
- Simrad AP26 Autopilot with rudder angle indicator
- Icom M126 VHF
- Sea 225 SSB (Inop)
- Raymarine ST 60 Digital Depth Finder
- Datamarine CW 360 Anemometer
- 6" Compass
- Charnav 12" Computer Monitor
- Northstar 6001 Networked with Charting-Radar
- Simrad AP 26 Autopilot
- Kanaad Auto 406 EPIRB
- Icom M422 VHF
- Raymarine SX 60 Digital Depth Sounder
- Robertson Rudder Angle Indicator
- Danforth Compass
- 12V/24/120/240 Volt Systems
- Kohler 21 KW Generator in sound shield
- 3000 watt Heart Inverter
- (2) 8 D Batteries for House
- (2) 8 D Batteries for engine start (New 2020)
- 4 D battery for Generator
- (2) 8 D Batteries for Bow Thruster and Windlass New
- (2) Sentry battery chargers -12 and 24 Volt (60 Amp)
- Glendinning Cable Master w/cord
- (2) Shore cords
- Isolation Transformers
- Dockside telephone and CATV inputs
- Electrolysis bonding system
All new Bimini frame and canvas, as well as cockpit shade canvas in 2019. There are port and starboard airplane style pocket doors from the pilothouse to the side decks.
- Marquipt Low Profile Davit (serviced 2020)
- 12' Novurania Tender with 40 HP Honda 4 stroke outboard
- New BiminiTop with oversized pipe frame (2019)
- Windlass 24 Volt
- Anchor with 230' 3/8" Chain Rode
- Spare Anchor
- Aluminum Radar Arch (hinged to lower vertical clearance).
- (3) 24V Windshield wipers/washers
- Fiberglass Bow Pulpit with anchor roller
- Freshwater wash downs, fore-deck and cockpit
- Bimini top, console and full canvas seat and dinghy covers
- Aft deck Bimini
- Dual Electric Air Trumpet horns
- Life Raft (Not Certified)
- Textalene mesh window covers
- Frame less windows
- Marquipt Tide Rider Boarding steps and ramp
Rudder glands and trim tab rams renewed in 2019. Exhaust system new in 2018. Turbos renewed in 2019. Both Main engines overhauled in 2020.
- Village Marine Water maker (operational)
- Naiad Stabilizers Model 254 with 6 foot fins (Fully services 2020)
- Bow Thruster 24 Volt
- Mathers Engine Controls at three Stations
- Teleflex power assist hydraulic steering
- Engine, throttle and thruster controls in cockpit
- ZF Marine gears - 2.6:1 ratio
- Underwater exhaust system
- Electric Oil Change system for both main engines and generators
- Drip-less shaft seal packing glands
- 3" Stainless steel Prop Shafts
- 5-Blade Nibral propellers
- Racor filters double per engine
- Bennet Trim Tabs (new 2020)
- Engine synchronizers
- 4-Electric/automatic 2000 GPH Bilge Pumps
- 110V fluorescent lighting in engine room
- 30 Gallon water heater
- "Spur" Shaft mounted Line cutters
In 2020 the following was done to improve the vessel. Engines have remainder of their warranty after being rebuilt.
- Remove both engines and take to shop for major overhaul
- Replaced both transmission couplers. Replaced both thermostats. Replaced both engine oil pumps. Clean and test heat exchangers, transmission coolers and after coolers. Replaced both raw water impellers, new heads, injectors, pistons, rings, bearings and hoses as needed.
- Stabilizers: new hydraulic pump, replaced bearings and seals, replaced feedbacks, new seals in cylinders
- Trim tabs - replaced old trim tabs with new Bennett system
- Replaced Marquipt davit hydraulic cylinder and cable
- Replaced engine start batteries, house battery, and thruster/windlass batteries
- Bottom job - new bottom and running gear paint
"CAVILEAH" is a modern classic with a low maintenance, no teak. exterior and frame-less windows. Features include a Novurania tender with 4 stroke engine and low profile crane, freshly rebuilt dependable Caterpillar diesels, water maker, Niaid stabilizers, and bow thruster.
Major mechanical refit in 2020 make this a great value.
Vessel is well suited for extended time at anchor with her generous fuel capacity, water maker, inverter, trash compactor, and tender. Owners have traveled extensively in the Bahamas for the past 15 years with their family and have prepped boat for another Summer cruising adventure.
A must see for anyone seeking a high quality pedigreed yacht with classic appeal and ready for many years of enjoyment. Owner reports bridge clearance at 19.5 feet.
- Owner's Personal Effects
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.