Hatteras Yachts Princess Grace Overview
Additional Specifications :
- LOA: 70′ 0″ (21.34m)
- Beam: 18′ 2″ (5.54m)
- Max Draft:
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Hull Config:
- Hull Designer:
- Deck Material:
- Tonnage: 52
- Range: 400 Miles
- Int Designer:
- Ext Designer:
- Fuel Capacity: 1,596 g (6,042 l)
- Water Capacity: 250 g (946 l)
- Holding Tank:
- Flag: United States
- Location: West Palm, Florida United States
- Price: $499,000 USD
- Year: Mfg1989 Model1989
- Builder: HATTERAS
- Type: Motor Yacht
- Speed: Cruising 18 knots Max 21 knots
- Engines: 870 HP, Twin, 1989, 12V71TA, Detroit Diesel 1650hrs / 1650hrs
- Staterooms: 4
- Crew Quarters:
- Crew Berths:
- Captain Cabin: No
- MCA: No ISM: No
Even before entering PRINCESS GRACE the level of custom work is very apparent. The owner has invested a huge amount of time and money improving the standard Hatteras 70’ Hatteras main deck and outside spaces.
- Entry to the yacht would be into the port or starboard doors from a fixed dock or onto the swim platform from a floating dock. Assuming the latter, the wide swim platform offers easy access. Up a custom ladder to the expanded Aft Deck seating area with extended sun shade and into the Salon.
- Immediately to port is an L shaped sofa, a large cushioned ottoman/table and a chaise lounge. To starboard is a fixed bench seat followed by a large cabinet with the entertainment center, a popup TV, wine cooler and icemaker. Next forward behind a custom stainless steel railing are steps to the Master Cabin, Office and Engine Room.
- To port is a single pedestal table with six chairs.
- Next forward is the highly customized open Galley with barstools facing forward, all new modern appliances and a dinette to starboard.
- Further forward behind a hinged door is the fully functional Pilothouse with the seating, a centerline helm and port and starboard sliding wing doors.
- Going below is an over under cabin forward with a private head and shower. Next aft and to amidship twin lower berth cabin with a head and shower. Going aft is the VIP with a walk around queen berth and a private head and shower.
- The Master, Office and Engine Room are reached from the private access in the Salon.
- The Flybridge is accessed from a custom stainless steel stairway in the Pilothouse. The helm is centerline. A custom bar with grill is to port.
- The U shaped seats aft have been modified to have a walk between seating to access the Boat Deck which has a crane but also a hot tub instead of a tender.
- The Salon is entered from the aft end via a hinged door to starboard from the Aft Deck.
- Immediately to port is an off white L shaped sectional sofa. Lying in front of the sofa is a large upholstered ottoman.
- Next forward is a small end table that also serves the brown leather chaise lounge which faces the entertainment center to starboard.
- Furthest forward to port is a single wood pedestal dining table with a Silestone solid surface top and six Lucite and stainless steel dining chairs.
- To starboard starting aft is a bench seat with storage below followed by a long custom cabinet housing the dry bar and entertainment systems.
- Starting aft is a Sony multi disc CD/DVD player, a Sony AV receiver and an iPod music connection all behind a wood door.
- Next forward are two cabinets with three shelves within, containing all the yacht’s bar and glassware.
- Behind these two cabinets is a popup 46” LED TV that when retracted disappears from view. The next cabinet forward
- houses a Sub Zero “clear ice” icemaker. Furthest forward is a Sub Zero two zone wine cooler. The countertop for the
- entire cabinet is a Silestone solid surface smooth white finish to match that of the Galley and elsewhere within the boat.
- Next forward is a custom stainless steel railing around the steps to the Owner’s Cabin, Office and Engine Room.
- The Salon has a carpeted sole, large side opening windows covered with shades, an aft window, four stereo speakers,
- blue LED accent lights behind the wood valance boards, halogen track lighting, port and starboard and digital AC controls.
- Perhaps the most dramatic change is PRINCESS GRACE from when she was built is the new open Galley arrangement
- similar to that of a 75’ Hatteras. The transformation orchestrated by her restauranteur owner is both functional and breathtaking!
- Starting aft on the back side aft of a wide Silestone solid surface countertop are three white and stainless bar stools facing forward.
- In front of the stools below the countertop facing aft are four large storage cabinets with adjustable shelves.
- Outboard above the countertop are two corner cabinets with curved doors offering additional storage.
- On the wide countertop separating the Salon and Galley is a four burner Wolf Induction ceran top cook top with stainless steel trim.
- Above the cook top is a soffit area incorporating a heavy duty Galley exhaust fan and five halogen mini spots set into a stainless steel overhead.
- This soffit cleverly is used for AC delivery as Hatteras originally designed when this area was a dividing wall between the Galley and the Salon.
- Below the cook top is a full size Wolf Induction stainless steel built in oven.
- Outboard under the opening side window is a deep under mount stainless steel sink with a commercial type articulating faucet. The backsplash of this area is mosaic tile marble.
- Forward in the Galley is a four door Leibherr refrigerator/freezer behind wood panel doors that virtually make this
- appliance disappear. A Wolf Induction stainless steel trimmed microwave is adjacent.
- Also in the Galley are an abundance of drawers and cabinets, overhead lighting and a new planked laminate sole that continues forward to the dinette and Pilothouse area.
- Next forward to starboard behind partial bulkhead is a C shaped dinette in white leather with two storage drawers and additional storage below the cushions.
- In front is a white Silestone solid surface table top on twin pedestals.
- Above are stereo speakers, high intensity lighting and an opening house side window with a roll down shade.
- The Wheelhouse is located just forward of the Galley and also has a door between the Galley and the Wheelhouse.
- Features include:
- Wood laminate sole
- Vinyl overhead w/(7) halogen mini spots
- 2) Stereo speakers
- 6” Ritchie Power Damp compass
- (5) Bilge pump switches w/indicator lights
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Full VDO engine instrumentation
- VDO Rudder angle indicator
- Stainless steel helm wheel
- Hynautic hydraulic clutch & throttle controls
- Start/stop buttons w/key switches
- Glendinning synchronizer w/indicator lights
- Horn switch
- Battery parallel switch
- Engine Room blowers w/indicator lights
- Fuel priming pump switches
- Emergency engine stops
- Systems monitor for water temp, oil pressure, bilge level, exhaust temp, drive temp & fire
- Naiad stabilizer controls w/fin position indicator
- ACR URC 100 searchlight controls
- American bow thruster control (hydraulic)
- Garmin 6’ open array radar
- Garmin autopilot
- Boston clock & barometer
- 8” Ship’s bell
- (2) Telephone jacks
- (3) Windshield wiper/washer controls
- Soderberg chart light
- Fire system release handles
- Bench seat aft w/(2) drawers, footrest & (4) cabinet doors
- Cruiseair SMX AC controls
- Seven step stainless steel spiral staircase to Flybridge w/teak treads
- Port & starboard sliding doors to side decks
- Raytheon Ray 410 loud hailer
- Raymarine wind instrument
- Stephens Engineering SEA 2250 SSB w/remote mount mic
- Stephens Engineering SEA 156 VHF w/remote mount mic
- 19” LG color monitor as a remote from the 12” Garmin on the Flybridge. Screen changes are via a handheld remote.
- 15” Planar color monitor w/Nobeltec software & newer PC dedicated for navigation
- Datamarine International offshore digital depth
- Datamarine Navigator speed log
- Furuno NX 500 Navtex receiver
Down five carpet steps from the Pilothouse is the Forward Accommodation Foyer. This area has hinged access to the Generator Room and access to the three forward cabins.
Down and aft four steps is the Laundry Center with newer Whirlpool washer and separate Whirlpool dryer of a larger capacity than the standard Hatteras supplied units.
The Forward Cabin can be used for crew or guests. There are two over/under berths to the starboard side. Each has a reading light. Above the upper berth is a padded hull liner and two opening portholes. Below the lower berth are two storage drawers. Forward is the split rope locker with two doors and access to the windlass and its control boxes. Aft to port is a chest of three drawers and two cabinet doors. Above are two sliding cabinet doors and a shelf with a 19” LCD TV, a Direct TV and a satellite box. Next aft is a full size dressing mirror and access to the private Head. Two opening steps lead up and aft and to the cabin’s entry door. To starboard is a full size cedar lined hanging locker with auto light. The carpeted sole has an access hatch to the forward bilge. Overhead are two DC lights, two stereo speakers and a large deck hatch with a screen. Two custom access panels in the aft part of the cabin give access to the large storage area Hatteras forgot to make accessible.
Also in this cabin are digital Cruiseair SMX AC controls and a stereo volume control.
The Forward Guest Head has a mica vanity with two cabinet doors below, a hamper and a drawer below. A new Silestone solid surface countertop with an above mount blue glass sink and custom faucet sits atop the vanity. Above are three mirrored medicine cabinet doors. The toilet is a Dometic 8700 Master Flush (2016) head. The stall shower has a tempered glass bi fold door, a seat, a light, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a HideaLine clothesline and a frosted opening porthole. The Head has an AC vent, an exhaust blower, incandescent DC lights, fluorescent AC lighting and a mosaic tile sole.
Located just aft of the Forward Cabin is the Mid Guest Cabin. There are two twin berths arranged athwartships with upholstered headboards off the inboard bulkhead. Each berth has a reading light and four drawers under the berth. Between the berths is a double door half height hanging locker with cedar lining and an auto light. Above is a DC overhead light, two stereo speakers, an LCD TV, a large fixed window with Leveler blinds and an upholstered valance board.
The sole is carpeted and there is a Cruiseair SMX digital AC panel as well as a volume control knob for the speakers.
Just across the Companionway from the Mid Guest Stateroom is the Mid Guest Head which also serves as the Day Head. Two sliding cabinet doors and a drawer are under a new Silestone solid surface countertop with a glass vessel sink and custom faucet. Above is open storage cuddy and a set of sliding mirrored doors. They close off the cabin side window. The toilet is a new (2016) Dometic 8700 Master Flush toilet.
The stall shower has a tempered glass bi fold door, a seat, a light, a handheld or wall mountable fixture, a HideaLine clothesline and an exhaust fan.
Also in the Head is an AC vent, a DC incandescent light and an AC fluorescent light and a new mosaic tile sole.
Next aft and down four stairs is the VIP Cabin with an athwartship queen size berth off the outboard bulkhead. An upholstered headboard with twin two drawer nightstands and reading lights flank the berth. Beneath the berth are four large drawers and rope lighting. Aft of the berth are six large drawers below a countertop that has an Insignia 20” LCD TV and a Direct TV satellite receiver. Above is a large mirrored panel with two directional eyeball lights.
Next inboard is a double door cedar lined hanging locker with auto light. The Head en suite door has a full size dressing mirror facing the stateroom.
Also in the stateroom are two stereo speakers with volume control, digital SMX AC controller, and snap on covers over two large opening portholes with rope lighting above behind the valance
Accessed only from the VIP Cabin is the spacious VIP Head. The vanity has two cabinet doors, a hamper and a drawer below the newer Silestone solid surface countertop with a white china above counter sink and a custom waterfall type faucet.
Above are two large sliding mirrored panels that enclose the three shelf medicine cabinet. The toilet is a Dometic 8700 Master Flush (2016) model. The stall shower has a bi fold door, a seat, a frosted opening porthole, a HideaLine clothesline, a handheld or wall mountable shower fixture, a light and an exhaust fan. The overhead of the Head is mirrored and the sole is a mosaic tile that matches the other heads. Lighting is DC incandescent and AC fluorescent. There is also an AC vent.
Separated from the Salon by an attractive stainless steel railing and down eight curved steps from the Forward Salon is the Aft Accommodation Foyer. The steps have step lights. At the bottom of the steps is a two door cedar lined locker for supplies.
- Access to the full beam Engine Room is forward.
- Access to the office and the Master Cabin are aft.
- Unique to the 70’ Hatteras motoryacht is a very functional Office that with some carpentry could be outfitted as a fifth cabin for children.
- A large L shaped wrap around desk is aft with seven drawers below the ample countertop.
- Aft is a large fiddled bookshelf for storage of the yacht’s manuals.
- Outboard are Duette pleated shades over two opening screened portholes.
- Also in this cabin is under cabinet fluorescent lighting, a sliding pocket door, two stereo speakers with volume control, a
- fluorescent overhead light fixture, digital SMX AC controls and a desk chair
The Master Cabin has a large size centerline island berth and upholstered headboard. Twin reading lights and nightstands flank the berth. Below the berth is rope accent lighting. Above the berth are two oversize opening screen ports covered with snap on covers. To both port and starboard are three more portholes with snap on covers for privacy. Upholstered valance and cornice boards with rope accent lighting wraps all around three sides of the cabin giving a very spacious look to this area. To both port and starboard are large countertops with six drawers below on each side.
Forward to starboard is a vanity with stool, drawer and makeup lights and the cabin’s Mitsubishi AM/FM stereo. To port is a wall mounted 30” LCD TV.
Forward is a very large walk in cedar lined hanging locker, lots of storage and access to the DVD player and a Direct TV satellite receiver. The inside of the hanging locker door is mirrored.
Also in this cabin are digital SMX AC controls, stereo speakers, an overhead DC light and access to the large Master Head.
The Master Head has a large vanity with three mica drawers below, a large mirror above and two cabinets fore and aft as medicine cabinets. An above counter sink sits upon a new Silestone solid surface countertop. The toilet is a Dometic 8700 Flush Master model (2016). Forward is a tumbled marble trimmed Jacuzzi tub/shower with a curtain. A “Rain” style showerhead and light along with a HideaLine clothesline are in the shower
The area also has incandescent DC lighting overhead and AC fluorescent soffit lighting. There is also an AC vent, an
exhaust fan and a mosaic tile sole. The overhead is mirrored to add a feeling of spaciousness.
- Fiberglass nonskid deck
- Spring line cleats, (3) starboard, (3) port
- Teak & fiberglass bow pulpit w/anchor roller
- Recessed flag holder
- Delta Fast Set plow 60 lb. anchor w/30’ of chain & 300’ of ¾ nylon rode
- Galley Maid anchor windlass w/wildcat & capstan, rebuilt 2009
- (2) Deck mounted foot switches for windlass operation
- Hawse pipe w/chain lock
- Fresh water wash down for anchor
- Second deck pipe w/300’ of anchor rode
- Stainless steel bow rail w/lifelines & varnished teak hand rails
- Centerline deck hatch to forward cabin w/black Textulene cover
- (2) Bow cleats & chocks
- Bow seat w/cushions, cover & storage below
- Fore Deck Sun Lounge w/removable cushions, cover & stainless steel grab rails
- Dockside water connection port & starboard
- Port telephone inlet for ship’s service
- Starboard telephone inlet for office direct line
- Overhead dome light for boarding port & starboard
- Hinged boarding gate w/safety chain port & starboard
- ACR searchlight starboard forward on superstructure
- Dual trumpet horns
- International navigation lights
- Hailer/speaker horn under superstructure overhang
- (3) Electric windshield wipers
- Black Textulene windshield privacy cover
- Stainless steel grab rail below Salon windows port & starboard
- Fender tracks port & starboard on hull sides below rub rail
- Marquipt 4 Step hull side boarding ladder
- Marquipt 4 step folding dock ladder
- Marquipt 7 step Tide Ride ladder
- Port & starboard boarding lights
- Fiberglass nonskid decks
- Stainless steel & Lexan windscreen (Lexan new 2009)
- Todd upholstered swivel helm seat footrest & cover
- 6” Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- Datamarine 3030 remote digital depth finder
- Windlass control switch
- ACR UCR 100 searchlight control
- Garmin autopilot controls
- Icom M 304 VHF radio
- VDO rudder angle indicator
- Glendinning synchronizer switch w/indicator light
- (5) Bilge pump switches w/indicator lights
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Horn switch
- Blower switch w/(2) indicator lights
- Battery parallel switch
- Full VDO engine instrumentation
- Stainless steel helm wheel
- Hynautic clutch & throttle controls
- Helm cover
- Garmin GPS map 4212 plotter/fishfinder
- Garmin GPS map 232 GPS/plotter
- Start/stop switches & ignition keys
- American Bow Thruster thruster controls
- Systems monitor for water temp, oil pressure bilge level, exhaust temp, drive temp & fire alarm
- Naiad stabilizer controls
- 24 Volt power outlet
- (4) Stereo speakers
- Terrestrial TV antenna under Helm
- Sentry G140 3NL battery charger for electronics battery all mounted under the Helm
- New Bimini top w/stainless steel frame connects to arch
- (2) DC hold lights under Helm
- Custom walk between U shaped bench seating aft w/removable cushions & cover
- Custom teak dining table w/leaves
- Wet bar to port w/stainless steel sink water tap, U Line icemaker
- Stainless steel above counter BBQ w/cover
- Fiberglass cabinet to port w/refrigerator & a custom seat w/backrest
- Aluminum radar arch w/(2) overhead lights
- Aluminum radar mast on top of arch w/dual flag halyards
- ACR EPIRB w/hydrostatic release
- Freshwater spigot
- Zodiac 8 person open sea life raft KVH Trac Vision 4 HP Sat dome
- Garmin open array 6’ radar scanner
- Marquipt tender davit, ram recently rebuilt
- Custom dual rail stainless steel railing around Boat Deck and halfway up Flybridge deck
- Clamp on rod holder aft
- Flagstaff & flag
- Fiberglass nonskid decking
- Soft sided hot tub
- Custom shade system w/stainless steel rods & removable canvas
- Custom stainless steel ladder from Boat Deck to swim platform w/Aft Deck access
A widely known shortcoming of the 70’ Hatteras FB MY is her unusually small Aft Deck. Two chairs and a table and it’s full! During his ownership this owner added a cantilever seat to fit six people comfortable plus a ladder from the custom enlarged swim platform to the Boat Deck. It’s all tied together in a beautifully executed stainless steel work of art! Fiberglass nonskid deck
- Freshwater wash down, port forward
- (4) Stern cleats
- Hardtop overhang w/overhead light
- Six foot stainless steel fixed awning to provide shade over new seating area
- (2) Stereo speakers
- Loud hailer horn
- 120 Volt electrical outlet
- Starboard side entry door to Salon
- Fiberglass swim platform, custom extended to 60” from front to back
- 3 Step stainless steel swim ladder w/teak treads
- (3) Blue underwater lights
- Salt mist filters on Engine Room air intake vents
- (2) Air conditioning raw water circulating pumps
- Autopilot drive pump
- 75 lb. CO2 cylinder
- 10 lb. Handheld fire extinguisher
- Freshwater outlet w/hose
- Large Wellxtroll water accumulator tank
- (2) CO2 release sensors
- 110V Freshwater pressure pump
- Groco oil change pump w/manifold for each engine & transmission
- Hynautic hydraulic steering reservoir w/pressure gauge
- AirSep crankcase ventilation system
- Hynautic hydraulic clutch & throttle reservoirs
- Dual Racor fuel filters for each engine
- (2) Bilge blowers
- Dripless shaft seals
- 3” Stainless steel Aquamet 22 shafts
- (4) Overhead DC lights
- (2) Overhead fluorescent lights
- (2) Dockside water pressure regulators w/pressure gauges
- Naiad 254 stabilizer system
- (2) Stewart Warner fuel priming pumps w/Engine Room switches
- Compressed air power take off hose
- (2) Spare 4 blade 36” x 38” spare props mounted to starboard hull side
- Bradford white 40 gallon water heater
- Watermakers, Inc. 650 GPD watermaker (new 2014)
- Hydraulic 37 HP American Bow Thruster PTO driven off starboard engine
- Glendinning synchronizer
- Fuel manifold at forward bulkhead
- Chrome package on engines
- Engine block heaters
- Engine Room mechanical gauge panels, water temp, oil pressure, gear oil temp, gear oil pressure
- (5) Automatic bilge pumps
- (3) Shower sumps w/automatic pumps
- CRS 1500 coolant recovery system for main engines
- Engine Room sound insulation
- ZF BW195 reverse gear w/2.5 to 1 transmission ratio
- Fuel tanks as follows:
- Forward 210 gals.
- Forward mid 525 gals.
- Aft mid 646 gals.
- Aft 215 gals.
- TV distribution panel for cable/satellite
- Stereo system speaker selector switches
- Engine Room camera for monitor system
- Glendinning engine synchronizers
- (2) 110 Volt outlets
- Stainless steel safety rail around engines
- Both stabilizer actuators replaced 7/09 with new starboard stabilizer fin replaced 3/09
- All toilet hoses throughout the boat have been recently replaced.
- Hinged access hatch in Forward Companionway
- (2) Charles Industries Iso Boost 50 transformers, 12 KVA each
- Charles isolation transformer, 12 KVA
- Onan 20 kw generator #1 w/ hours
- Onan 20 kw generator #2 w/ hours
- Vernalift muffler for each generator w/check valves
- DC hold lights
- (5) Toilet diverter valves
- 35 lb. CO2 cylinder for Generator Room
- CO2 release sensor
- Fire alarm sensor
- Freshwater outlet w/hose
- (8) Cruiseair air conditioning units, (1) @ 16,000 BTU, (1) @ 30,000 BTU, (1) @ 25,000 BTU & (5) @ 7,000 BTU – ALL
- REPLACED WITHIN LAST 5 YEARS
- DC bilge blower
- Holding tank macerator/discharge pump
- (2) Racor 500 generator fuel filters
- (2) Coolant recovery bottles for generator
- Removable 3 step ladder
- Speed Air 1 HP air compressor
- Hubbell 50 amp 125/250 volt power inlets, (2) port & (2) starboard
- Hubbell 50 amp 125 volt power inlets, (3) port & (1) starboard
- Cablemaster 50 amp 220 volt cable reels, (2) port & (1) starboard
- Cable TV inlets port & starboard
- (4) Battery cut off switches in Engine Room
- Onan 20 kw generator, 2748 hrs.
- Onan 20 kw generator, 2712 hrs.
- (2) Charles Industries Iso Boost 50 transformers
- DC ship’s service panel #2 w/(24) breaker protected circuits in Engine Room
- (4) 8D batteries in battery boxes
- AC distribution panel w/(8) breaker protected circuits in Engine Room
- La Marche R40 40 24V Constavolt
- C Power 12 KVA iso transformer
- Customized Shoreline #3 selector panel w/dedicated Iso Boost transformer
- Shoreline/generator switching panels
- Volt/amp/hz meters for each power source
- AC distribution panel (1) w/(19) breaker protected circuits
- AC distribution panel (2) w/(12) breaker protected circuits
- DC distribution panel (1) w/(24) breaker protected circuits
- DC electronics panel (2) w/(12) breaker protected circuits
PRINCESS GRACE is a rare find in today’s market. Her present owner bought her in 2009 as a very nice boat just improved for her new owner who passed away suddenly.
The present owner transformed the main deck and Flybridge area to be much more modern and appealing. His transformation of the Galley into an open area part of the Salon much later model Hatteras motoryachts but with a more modern and functional twist.
His restauranteur background shows and should help make this clean 70’ Hatteras stand well above her peers.