Hatteras Yachts Yia Sou II Overview
Yiasou is an incredibly well-maintained example of a 72 Hatteras. Since the start of her major refit in 2013 there has been almost nothing left untouched. Everything from the woodwork to the paint to the motors and everything in between is in fantastic shape and unrivaled by her competitors. See below for a list of recent upgrades.
Beyond her condition, what makes this boat unique amongst her competition is the day head added to the salon in 2016, access from the aftdeck to the water added in 2013 and comparably finished crew quarters. Although some may consider this a three-stateroom + crew vessel, Yiasou can also be viewed as a five-stateroom vessel, since the crew quarters are equally well appointed as her guest rooms, making the boat ideal for a crewed or owner-operated program.
- LOA: 72′ 11″ (22.22m)
- Beam: 18′ 7″ (5.66m)
- Min Draft: 5′ 4″ (1.63m)
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Range: 900 Miles
- Fuel Capacity: 1,858 g (7,033 l)
- Water Capacity: 365 g (1,382 l)
- Flag: United States
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
- Price: $495,000 USD
- Year: Mfg 1991 Model1991 Refit2013
- Builder: HATTERAS
- Type: Motor Yacht Flushdeck
- Engines: 870 HP, Twin, 1991, Inboard, Diesel, 12V92 TA, Detroit Diesel 950hrs / 950hrs
- Staterooms: 3
- Sleeps: 6
- Heads: 4
- Crew Quarters: 2
- Crew Berths: 3
- Captain Cabin: Yes
- MCA: None
- ISM: None
- Day head in the salon
- Custom glass siding doors between dining and aftdeck
- Custom staircase from aftdeck to the custom extended swim platform
- Full paint 20162017
- Hydraulic mast to allow for great loop cruising
- Major overhaul on main engines 950 hours SMOH
- Significant upgrades since 2013
- Full superstructure paint – 2016
- Full hull paint – 2017
- Bottom Paint – 2017
- Varnish taken to bare wood and built up 14 coats – 2018
- Interior main deck wood refinished – 2015
- New 40 HP Honda outboard for tender 2017
- New Heads throughout – 2017
- Day Head added in salon – 2016
- New galley counter tops – 2013
- New galley appliances – 2013
- New Galley cabinets – 2013
- New teak and holly floor on the main deck – 2013
- All three ensuite heads refit with new counters, floors, showers and fixtures – 2014
- New headliners on main deck – 2013
- New recessed lighting on the main deck – 2013
- New soft goods in the pilot house – 2015
- New Garmin electronics in pilot house and flybridge 2015
- New synthetic teak on flybridge, aftdeck and swim platform – 2013
- New bow thruster – 2013
- New underwater lights – 2015
- New underwater cameras – 2015
- New staircase added and swim platform extended to allow easy access to the water – 2013
- Rebuilt hydraulic mast – 2013
- Major overhaul both main engines – 2011 with 950 hours SMOH
Main Deck Overview
Throughout the main deck you will notice the many upgrades that are carried throughout such as new head liners, new teak and holly floors, and all the woodwork refinished and in excellent condition. What you will not notice on Yiasou unlike most of her competitors is evidence of the water stains around the windows that are so common on the Hatteras’s of this era.
Entering the boat through the pilot house you will find a helm station equipped with updated Garmin electronics, new soft goods, and generous room for guests to socialize with the captain while underway.
- Garmin 8212 display
- Garmin GMR XHD 48 Mile radar
- Garmin 4 kW radar antenna
- Garmin GSD 22 transducer
- Garmin GHS 10 Autopilot remote
- Garmin engine room cameras
Heading aft from the pilot house you will enter the galley. Here you will find a dinette with seating for 6 and a fully refit galley. The Galley has been modernized with new cabinets, appliances, and counter tops. One of the best features of the 72 Hatteras is how large the galley is, it feels like you are cooking in your home.
- GE Café refrigerator
- GE Café 5 burner stove
- GE Café dishwasher
- GE Café microwave and convection oven
- GE Profile oven
Aft of the galley you enter the main salon. Yiasou boasts an enormous and unique salon for her size and make. What makes this salon unique amongst her competition is the addition of a day head in the forward starboard corner of the salon. In the salon there is a plenty of seating area for a large family gathering or party. The seating consists of a generous sectional and a love seat with and over sized coffee table all pointing towards a 50-inch state of the art TV.
Adding to the open feel, just aft of the main salon sliding glass doors bring you into a spacious dining salon. As you enter, to the starboard find full length cabinetry housing a wet bar, and plenty of room for glasses, dishes and flatware. Centered in the dining salon is a large custom table that will comfortably dine up to eight. The current owner has removed the aft wall
between the dining salon and aftdeck to replace it with a custom three panel glass slider, creating a seamless transition into the aft deck. This dining with a view.
Aftdeck and Swim Platform
Another standout of Yiasou is the customization of the aftdeck and swim platform. The boat has been modified to incorporate a generous staircase and an extended platform giving Yiasou some of the best access to water in her class. One of the owner’s favorite features of this area is the underwater camera that is located under the platform. When in the clear waters he uses it to watch the grandchildren swim or put a chum bag out and watch the fish come to feed.
Access through stairway in the salon you will find the master stateroom and two identical guest staterooms, all with ensuite heads. The hallway leading to the guest accommodations has two large linen closets. All three ensuite heads have been updated with new granite counters, marble floors, plumbing fixtures, and tile shower stalls with custom glass enclosures.
The full beam master stateroom is situated at the very aft of the boat and includes a king berth with storage below. Nightstand dressers are located on either side of the berth and seated dressers with lockers line the room. A cedar lined walk-in wardrobe can be found forward in the room across from the newly renovated master head.
There are two identical guest staterooms with two single berths with a nightstand between. Full length hanging closets and drawers for clothes storage. The TVs are hidden behind one-way
mirrors and only visible when turned on.
Crew Quarters or Additional Guest Accommodations
Accessed from a staircase in the pilothouse are the crew quarters which can also be used as additional guest accommodations. There are two state rooms, one with bunkbeds and one with a berth for two. These staterooms have a full shared head and are finished with the same beautiful wood paneling as the rest of the vessel.
The flybridge of Yiasou is the epicenter of fun! Once you climb the stairs from the pilot house and enter the flybridge you will notice a wet bar center with a sink, refrigerator and ice maker, surounded by barstools. Forward of the wet bar is the flybridge helm station equipped with a full Garmin suite of electronics. Aft of the wet bar is where the fun happens, there is
seating for the whole family plus a number of guests and built in chaise lounges. A standout feature of her flybridge is the hydraulic lowering mast, allowing Yiasou to be Great Loop capable.
- Garmin GHC 20 Autopilot remote
- Garmin 8210 display
- Garmin XHD networked radar
- Garmin GHS 10 VHS
- Clarion stereo
- Bimini top
- Boat deck with tender
- 4 bar stools
- 12V92 TA Detroit Diesels 950 Hours SMOH
- (2) Onan 30 kW generators Port 3,300 hours Starboard 3,300 hours
- ZF Transmissions
- Niad 252 Stabilizers
- Watermaker new 2016
- Back up watermaker (unused and offered as is)
- Bow Thruster
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Mechanical engine room gauges
- Air compressor