Listed at $1,575,000
Available for SaleIMPETUOUS85' 1977 Feadship
Constructed in 1977, IMPETUOUS boasts an all-aluminum hull/superstructure designed by H.W. De Voogt, and an interior gracefully penned by the late Pierre Tantor, of Larvor Interior Design. Hulls constructed of this pedigree, without a doubt, provide owners a sense of reliability, comfort, and peace of mind during extensive offshore cruises with friends, family, and loved ones. In addition to her tried-and-true seaworthiness & livability characteristics, IMPETUOUS also serves as a fully functional sportfishing yacht w/ scuba diving capabilities, as an added versatility.
Since the original owners' primary consideration was speed, aluminum was chosen as the construction material due to its lighter properties, and Feadship was able to respond with unparalleled craftsmanship during the construction phases of IMPETUOUS. Other than just being a lighter material to construct with, aluminum's intrinsic flexibility in terms of shaping and molding resulted in it eventually being used for the superstructures of all Feadships constructed, thereafter. IMPETUOUS has been impeccably cared for by its current owner for the last 25 years, and has been maintained to the highest of standards by a very experienced yachtsman, to say the least.
Call : 954 612 1000 for more information and/or questions regarding IMPETUOUS’ specifications.
26 North Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
|LOA:||85' (26 m)|
|Beam:||20' (7 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||4,100 gal (15,521 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||930 gal (3,521 L)|
|Holding Tank:||200 gal (758 L)|
|Location:||Florida, Fort Lauderdale, United States|
|Cruising Speed:||12 Knots|
|Max Speed:||20 Knots|
Owners & Guests
- 1 x Owner’s Suite below deck w/ separate dressing room/hanging locker, a reading alcove to starboard, and an en-suite head/bath/shower room.
- 2 x Guest Suite’s below deck w/ a hanging locker, and an en-suite head/shower room.
Traditionally, dockside accessibility for the vast majority of all custom sportfishing yachts is gained by entering in/out of the yachts aft cockpit, which can be challenging at times due to tide. In most cases, you’ll also find owners & guests attempting to shimmy across a pair of narrow side-decks, whilst holding a grabrail mounted on the superstructure of most sportfish builds. IMPETUOUS on the other hand, provides suitable access for owners/guests of all ages, who can safely board amidship, through a pair of boarding gates on either side.
Upon boarding amidship, you’re surrounded by waist-high gunwales that provide safe access to various areas of the ships main deck. Her spacious walkaround side decks offer access to her foredeck, both sides of her enclosed aft deck, and also to the ships galley/crew area through a door just forward of the starboard side boarding gate. The foredeck features a forward facing settee that can comfortably seat a few guests looking to take in the scenery while underway, or at anchor when the ships toys (that also share this space), are deployed.
Moving aft, via port or starboard, her side decks lead to the ships enclosed aft deck. As you enter through a transparent floor-to-ceiling wind door (on either side), this air conditioned space will feel right at home for just about anyone, even for the discerning yachtsman who’s already quite familiar with Dutch craftsmanship. Every square inch of this area is abundantly illuminated by the natural light reflecting off a Teak & Holly underfoot, her sweeping wraparound windows make this all possible. Her classic, yet simple layout utilizes every foot of beam to maximize livability without compromising its functionality. Hours can easily be spent here, especially in a space equipped with an on-deck day head, refrigerator, ice-maker, and a large L-shaped seating area w/ a high/low teak table to compliment, adjacent to. Storage is plentiful throughout, and access to the ships bridge deck, cockpit, and main salon can be found here as well.
Once you enter the main salon, you’ll truly begin to appreciate the amount of care that had to go into the preservation & upkeep required to keep a yacht of this age, in this condition. Attention to detail is quite evident here, the gold hardware provides a vintage feel to the high class joinery found throughout this space. You’ll eagerly want to wander, and observe all the accents & decor that gives this fully furnished room its character. A beautifully designed partition (where the serveware is also stored), separates the formal dining area which is just forward of the L-shaped leather seating area to port. Access to the lower deck accommodations are down a staircase to starboard, and right in front of the staircase is a door that closes this space off from the main foyer & crew areas.
Descending down a flight of stairs from the main salon, the quality of craftsmanship just improves as you begin to explore other areas of this yacht. Her full-beam owner’s suite is equipped with a king sized berth & built in nightstands, w/ recessed shelving to store a decent onboard collection of books to travel with. There is no lack of storage in this space either, there are cedar lined hanging lockers & also a walk-in closet with enough space to hide a Kenmore Chest Freezer, literally. Just outside the walk-in closet you’ll find a reading alcove tucked away to starboard, and last but not least an en-suite marble bath/shower room to port.
The guest suites are well appointed w/ en-suite heads/showers & are distinctly unique from one another in design. A nautical theme is certainly present below deck with all original artwork painted onto the teak satin finish, and more vintage gold hardware is also found embossed throughout the joinery.
Bridge Deck, Cockpit, and Machinery Spaces
As mentioned before, it’s quite evident that the livability & functionality of almost every space onboard was carefully thought out. This trend continues even up into the enclosed bridge deck where you’d expect some compromise, but once again attention to detail was definitely given to the space. Forward of the helm, you have a chart table to starboard, and an L-shaped seating area to port providing ample comfort for owners/guests wanting to accompany the Captain. Just aft of the main helm, you’re able to exit through a sliding door which leads to the exterior portion of the ships bridge deck. This space over looks the cockpit, offering the best vantage point for any live fishing/diving action that may be occurring below deck. Access ascending to the observation/tuna tower can be found here, as well as a teak stepped ladder descending down into her well-equipped cockpit & machinery spaces.
- ENGINES : MTU 8V396TB93
- ENGINE HOURS : 6067 (Port) / 6018 (Starboard)
- EXHAUST SYSTEM : N/A
- GEARBOX : Wartsila Face Dripless Shaft Seals
- STEERING SYSTEM : N/A
- STABILISERS : Naiad Hydraulic Roll Stabilizers
- BOW THRUSTER : Yes
- STERN THRUSTER : N/A
- ELECTRICITY : 12V/24V/240AC
- GENERATORS : 2 x Northern Lights (45kW & 50kW)
- GENERATOR HOURS : 6949 (45kW) / 6401 (50kW)
- BATTERY CHARGERS : Mastervolt 20/40, Centaur 12V/24V
- SHORE POWER : Glendinning
- POWER TRANSFORMER : ACME
- ISOLATION TRANSFORMER : 25KVA
- AIR CONDITIONING : Marine Air Systems
- WATER MAKER : Village Marine 1000GPD
- TOILET SYSTEM : Dometic
- OIL CHANGE SYSTEM : Yes
- EQUIPMENT BRANDS : Furuno, Garmin, Simrad, Datamarine
- NAVIGATIONAL BRIDGE : Garmin
- DISPLAYS : Garmin 7612SV, Garmin 740
- MAGNETIC COMPASS : Ritchie
- DEPTH SOUNDER : Furuno Amber Video / Datamarine
- RADAR : Furuno CRT
- GMDSS : Simrad
- EPIRB : ACR GlobalFix V4
- AIS : Furuno NavNet
- GPS : Garmin
- Autopilot : Simrad AP50
- RAI : Simrad R135
- WIND : Raymarine ST60+
- EQUIPMENT BRANDS : Simrad, Icom
- SATCOM : N/A
- SSB : Icom IC-M800 SSB, Icon IC-R71 All Band Rec.
- WIFI : N/A
- VHF : Simrad, Icom, Sea156
- GSM : N/A
- TELEPHONE EXCHANGE : N/A
- COMPUTERS & PRINTERS : Brother MFC-J480DW (Color)
- LOUDHAILER : Horizon LH5
- SHIP’S BELL : N/A
- FAX : N/A
Deck & Fishing Equipment
- ANCHOR WINDLASSES : 1 x Ideal 240V Bi- Directional Anchor Windlass
- AFT WARPING CAPSTAINS : N/A
- ANCHOR : HHP Pool N
- ANCHOR CHAINS : 275 Feet of ½ Chain
- BOAT CRANE & DAVITS : 1 x
- PASSERELLE : N/A
- SWIMMING LADDERS : Aluminum
- BOARDING LADDER : Aluminum
- SEARCHLIGHT : N/A
- UNDERWATER LIGHTING : 2 x Halogen
- FLOOD LIGHTING : 2 x Quarts Floodlights
- LIVEWELL : 80 Gallons
- FISHBOX : Yes
- DIVE COMPRESSOR : Bauer Junior II
General & Living Areas
- Sony CDX-GT200 AM/FM/CD
- Denon AVR-2310CI Home Theater
- Onkyo DX-C390 6-Disc CD Changer
- 32” Sharp Aquos LCD TV w/ Panasonic DVR/VCR Player
- Bose Surround Sound System
Owner’s & Guest Suites
- Jensen 9540 AM/FM/CD Stereo w/ overhead speakers.
Galley & Laundry Equipment
- 1 x Kitchenaid Glasstop Stove/Oven
- 1 x Kitchenaid Over-The-Range Microwave Oven
- 1 x Kitchenaid Dishwasher
- 1 x Kitchenaid Garbage Disposal
- 1 x Kitchenaid Trash Compactor
- 2 x Fisher & Paykel SBS Refrigerator/Freezers w/ Icemaker
- 1 x Stainless Steel 3-Basin Sink
- 1 x Whirpool Washer/Dryer Stack
Security & Safety Equipment
- Zodiac 10-Person Canister Life Raft w/ Hydrostatic Release
- 3 x Ring Bouys
- Fixed Fireboy 2.5lb Extinguishing System
- Fixed Kiddie 64lb Halon Extinguishing System
Tenders & Watersports Equipment
- 13’ Novurania RIB w/ 50HP Honda Outboard Engine
- Owner’s, Guest, and Crew Toilets & Toilet System Upgrade (2017)
- All-New Galley Appliances (2018)
- All-New Teak Cockpit (2018)
- 1 x All-New 50HP Honda Outboard Engine (2019)
- 1 x All-New Edgestar Icemaker (Aft Deck) (2020)
- 1 x Icom VHF Radio replaced. (2020)
- 1 x P&S Engine Throttle Controls Updated/Rebuilt (2020)
- 9 x All-New engine room electric pumps w/ onboard spares. (2020)
- A/C Chiller #3 replaced. (2020)
- Hull Painted (2020)
- A written disclosure of items not included with the vessel will be provided prior to survey dates by the seller.
- 11’ Trinka Sailing Dinghy & additional Trinka Equipment.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.