Sold!Nirvana90' 1999 Palmer Johnson
With some yachts, it's difficult to discern the meaning behind a name. That is not the case with "Nirvana", a 1999 90' Palmer Johnson. In the Buddhist religion, "Nirvana" represents a place of perfect peace & happiness - and that is precisely what this Palmer Johnson has meant for her current owner and what she will undoubtedly mean for her next one.
Nirvana's most unique characteristic is that she is completely wheelchair accessible. The yacht has been extensively refitted to make this so. A davit on the aft deck has been repurposed as a wheelchair lift, and there's another lift going from the aft deck to the flybridge. An interior elevator goes from the main deck to Nirvana's guest quarters. Furthermore the master head has been completely redesigned, including the installation of a full shower, to accommodate a wheelchair.
While complete wheelchair accessibility makes Nirvana a rarity, it does not define her. First and foremost, she is an exquisitely-constructed long-range cruising boat. Her deep-V, Ray Hunt-designed aluminum hull was built to world-class standards. Nirvana's engine room and large MTU motors are unmistakably those of a substantial, proper yacht. Custom built at Palmer Johnson's famed Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin facility, she is lacking for neither craftsmanship nor pedigree.
Nirvana's structural integrity and robust equipment are rivaled only by her stunning interior. Cuban mahogany cabinetry, impeccable granite work, and sumptuous fabrics are found throughout the yacht, greatly increasing the odds of "perfect peace and happiness" for everyone on board.
At no point during her existence has Nirvana been allowed to rest on her laurels. She had a major refit in 2006-2007, a series of upgrades in 2012, and a second significant refit in 2014. Notably, during the most recent refit, the cockpit was converted to an aft deck. Just last year, this Palmer Johnson received a complete top-to-bottom paint job. In short, Nirvana is very much ready for her moment in the spotlight - mechanically, aesthetically and otherwise.
|LOA:||90' (28 m)|
|Beam:||20' (7 m)|
|Fuel Capacity:||5,200 gal (19,685 L)|
|Fresh Water Capacity:||740 gal (2,802 L)|
|Location:||Puerto Rico, San Juan|
|Cruising Speed:||20 Knots|
|Max Speed:||25 Knots|
Walking into the main salon, one cannot help but be struck by what is the calling card of Nirvana's interior - finely-crafted Cuban mahogany. Once the marveling over the excellent woodwork is complete, the salon's furnishings will come into focus - those include a massive U-shaped settee along the starboard side, upholstered with a very light beige/off-white slightly textured fabric. Twin black granite-topped coffee tables are adjacent. On the port side is a black granite credenza that provides liquor storage and conceals the pop-up television.The aft section of the Salon is full-beam with wing doors to the side decks. In the aft section on the port side is the formal dining area and to starboard another lounge area. A central door provides access to the aft deck. Forward to port is the Galley. It is separated from the main lounge area by a black granite-topped bar. The bar offers a multi-purpose area, serving equally well as a casual dining area, buffet serving area, or, well, a bar.The entire salon is surrounded by over-sized windows, draped in Hunter Douglas silhouette blinds, providing an abundance of natural light. The windows are low enough so that, even when seated, good visibility is not lost. The ceiling is off-white, highlighted with traditional overhead-style deck beams and recessed brass lighting fixtures. The decor is neutral tones in light beige and off-white, providing a casual yet elegant atmosphere. Forward of the main salon is the day head, which is adjacent the yacht's interior elevator.
- Sharp Aquos 32" DTV 1080 PHDM
- Sony Digital DTS STR FM Stereo FM / AM Receiver DE685 (New 2012)
- Sony 5-disc CD changer CDP CE415
- Sony 5-disc HDMI CD/DVD NC85H
The Galley is located forward of the Salon on the port side. The bar separates this area and offers easy access, while simultaneously obscuring any food preparation that might be occurring. The black granite counter space offers a generous work area. The appliances are well-situated for efficient use. The cabinetry is custom-configured with fiddles capturing the individual storage of crystal, dinnerware, flatware and serving utensils.
- Stainless Steel Amana Refrigerator / Freezer
- Bosch 4-burner electric stove
- Bosch electric oven
- Frigidaire Professional Service Microwave
- Bosch dishwasher
- Kitchen-Aide trash compactor
- U-Line icemaker
- Garbage disposal
The lower-deck Master Suite is located amidships, providing a comfortable and smooth ride. The grand entryway is found through double-pocket doors located in the central foyer. It is full-width and features a centerline, walk-around king-size bed. On either side are built-in nightstands and reading lights. The entertainment center is hidden in cabinetry forward to port. A desk / vanity is built in forward to starboard. There is exceptional drawer and locker storage. Aft to Starboard is a very large, walk-in wardrobe with equally excellent storage.Aft to port is the owner's bath. There is an oversized walk-in shower allowing for wheelchair access. The fixtures are gold plated, and the vanity with storage is quite large. The entire suite is built of the same honey-color Cuban mahogany found throughout Nirvana, and the ceiling is off-white and tongue and groove planked with mahogany-accented deck beams and brass lighting fixtures. The decor is light beige with Stark carpeting, and the fabrics are gently textured and neutral colors.
- Sony 40" LED Smart TV (2012)
- Sony Digital DTS STR FM Stereo FM / AM Receiver DE310
- Sony 5 disc HDMI CD / DVD NC85H
- Sony VCR
- Sony Multi Storage 5 CD PC415
GUEST STATEROOMS (2)
The two guest staterooms are essentially mirror images of one another, with one port side and the other to starboard. Each has a queen bed, wardrobe, abundant storage, entertainment system including flatscreen TV's & DVD players along with satellite receivers. Forward in each guest stateroom is a ensuite bath with a full-size stall shower. The heads have teak and holly floors and are finished to match the other areas of the yacht.
The large crew cabin is forward and separate from the owner and guest accommodations. It was reconfigured in 2006-07 and designed for two to live comfortably. By utilizing the dinette, the cabin can be converted to accommodate a third person. On the port side are upper and lower oversized beds. Entry is from the Pilothouse starboard side. There is very generous storage and a good-sized hanging locker. The dinette will seat four comfortably. Forward is the head with a separate and large stall shower. Overhead is a foredeck hatch for ventilation and emergency escape. Additionally there is an entertainment system, large flat-screen television, refrigerator, microwave oven and a full-size Bosch washer and dryer.
The Pilothouse has a centerline helm surrounded by the various monitors, alarms, controls and navigation equipment for the yacht's operations. Adjacent to the helm is a fully-adjustable Stidd captain's chair upholstered in tan leather. Aft is a very nice lounge upholstered in matching tan leather. An adjustable table is adjacent. The large windows offer exceptional vistas especially when underway. Port and starboard doors provide deck access and aft on the port side is the stairs to the fly-bridge. The Pilothouse cabinetry is honey-color Cuban mahogany, and the sole is teak and holly. The ceiling features tongue and groove planks with brass-lighting fixtures.
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATIONAL EQUIPMENT
- (2) Raymarine E120's with GPS / Plotter / Radar / Sounder / Weather
- CCTV cameras (2007) (PH & FB)
- Robertson AP45 autopilot
- Northstar 6000i GPS (PH)
- Northstar 951X GPS (FB)
- ICOM M-127 VHF (PH)
- ICOM M-710 SSB
- (2) Shipmate RS 8300 (FB & Crew)
- Simrad speed & log (PH & FB)
- Simrad depth sounder (PH & FB)
- Furuno NX 500 weatherfax
- Raytheon Ray 430 hailer
- Rudder angle indicator (PH & FB)
- Trane & Trane SatCom
- Weems & Plath clock & barometer
- Ritchie compass (PH)
- KVH TracVision M7 (2011)
The spacious Flybridge, which is accessed via stairs from the pilothouse or the lift on the aft deck, has more than enough room for a large group. It is well configured for entertaining and lounging, as evidenced most clearly by the cushioned seating area for six found under the hardtop. With a custom teak table, this area is absolutely perfect for al fresco dining. Aft to starboard is a teak storage locker with sink and built-in propane BBQ. Opposite to port is an additional teak storage locker and service area. Aft of the centerline mast there is a built-in refrigerator and freezer. The covered area of the Flybridge is teak decked. Further aft on the boat deck is the davit and stowage for the Novurania RIB tender. Aft of the boat deck a ladder provides alternative access to the cockpit.The yacht's captain will also find quite a bit to like with the flybridge, for it features port and starboard wing controls, complete with throttle, gear and thruster controls. Covered by a custom Pipewelders' hardtop, the centerline helm is fully instrumented with all monitors, alarms, controls and navigation equipment to operate the vessel. On top of all that, there are two Stidd helmsman chairs mounted aft of the wheel.
- Ideal 4000 hydraulic windlass
- 150 lb. Bruce polished stainless steel anchor (2012) with 300' chain
- Fortress 125 anchor with 300' nylon rode
- Maxwell 3500 electric windlass / warping drum mounted in the cockpit
- ARC searchlight
- Kahlenberg air horns with M-511 horn control
- Marquipt 1500 # davit
- 15' Novurania Center Console RIB with VHF and depthsounder
- Honda 50 hp 4 stroke outboard
- Complete set of dock lines, fenders and hangers
- Foredeck bosun lockers
- Scuba tank storage
- Revere Ocean Master 10-man cannister liferaft (certified through 2012)
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- Safety equipment to include: liferings, dry chemical fire extinguishers, defibrillator, oxygen, etc.
- (2) Northern Lights 40 kW generators with soundshields
- 12 / 24 VDC systems
- 120 / 240 VAC single phase 60 cycle system
- (3) 24 VDC battery banks for engine start, generator start and ship's service with parallel switches (new 2012)
- (3) Sentry 24 VDC automatic battery chargers
- Independent 12 VDC battery bank for electronics (new 2012)
- Sentry 12 VDC automatic battery charger
- (2) 100A shore power cords with Glendinning Cablemasters and remotes
- (2) 50A to 100A splitters
- (2) 3-phase to single phase adapters
- (2) 50' 100 amp shore power cords
The Engine Room is accessed via a watertight, hydraulically operated door behind the exterior stairs from the Main Salon to the Cockpit. With over 7 feet of headroom, all systems and equipment are very accesible and easy to service. There is a two-way emergency escape hatch with custom pull-down ladder in the ceiling to the Salon.
- ZF BW190V transmissions
- Custom 5-blade Nibral propellers
- Walker Airseps for main engines
- (2) Sea Pro 300 fuel filters with vacuum gauges, isolation valves and water sensor (main engines)
- (2) Racor 500 fuel filter with vacuum gauge (generators)
- Electric fuel priming pump manifolded for each engine and generator
- Tank Tender system for all tanks
- NAIAD 302 stabilizers
- Wesmar hydraulic 16" dual prop 50 hp bow thruster
- Hydraulic & electric emergency fire pumps
- Hydraulic & electric emergency bilge pumps
- (2) AC freshwater pumps
- DC emergency freshwater pump
- (2) 30 gallon hot water heaters with circulating pump
- Sea Recovery 1800 GPD automatic fresh water flush watermaker
- Sea Recovery 1600 GPD freshwater flush watermaker (not operational)
- Holding tanks: black water 350 gallons; gray water 350 gallons
- Dayton 160 PSI air compressor for air horns and tools
- Automatic CO2 Engine Room fire extinguishing system
- CAPAC electrolysis control system
- Cruisair AC - (3) compressors total 144,000 BTU reverse cycle chilled water system
REMARKS & UPGRADES
- LED underwater lights installed in transom
- Galvanized anchor replaced with polished stainless steel 150 lb. anchor
- Trackvision Sat TV
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.