As the market has evolved from simply owning boats and yachts to exploring custom and semi-custom builds, here are some of the most highly anticipated semi-custom vessels that will be ready in 2023. Interested buyers can reach out to these shipyards to further personalize the vessel prior to delivery.
YN202 Moonen 110
The YN202 Moonen 110 is a product of top-tier Dutch yacht craftsmanship. This luxury yacht is being completed to provide maximum comfort and luxury for delivery in May 2023. She features a more modern build compared to older models like the Moonen 84 and Moonen 97. This semi-custom design has been in construction since June 2021 and comes with a two-year warranty.
- Three-deck steel hull
- Dutch craftsmanship
- Five-stateroom layout with full beam, on-deck master
- Efficient operation at 16 gallons/60 liters per hour (with generator)
- Perfect for shallow waters and anchorages (2m / 6.56ft max draft)
- Main salon with large windows to enjoy views and sunshine
- Sundeck bar, may include jacuzzi on request
- Accommodations for up to five crew members)
The FD110 represents Horizon’s entry for the next generation of luxury superyachts. It features large interior compartments and outdoor spaces, with up to five staterooms and numerous lounging, tanning and entertainment spaces, for an amazing cruise experience. It can also accommodate up to six crew members.
- Five staterooms, including a deluxe owner’s suite
- Large indoor and outdoor spaces
- Multiple dining and entertainment areas
- Provided in a Skyline or Tri-deck configuration
- Spacious quarters for up to six crew members
- Twin CAT C32A 1600 HP engine
- Standard beach club aft
The VQ115 is one of the world’s fastest aluminum-hulled yachts. Her design emerged from initial concepts for the VQ90, which combines stellar craftsmanship with the luxury Vanquish DNA. The naval architecture of the hull was handled by Dutch experts at Studio Delta. With a triple engine setup and surface drivers, the VQ115 reaches blistering speeds of 53 knots. Designed for leisure as well as performance, it boasts numerous entertainment options, including paddle boards, a live bait tank, hydraulic ladder for diving, and the VQ11 water scooter, among other perks.
- Three extremely powerful engines (MTU-Rolls-Royce 2600s)
- Easy access to the water via a hydraulic ladder
- Large lounging and dining areas
- Saltwater jacuzzi beneath the sun beds
- Standard aft deck
- Futuristic interior and exterior
- Custom design for the main salon
- Includes office space and pantry
The Bering B145 is a fully customized superyacht with expedition vessel capabilities. Designed by an in-house team, it features a hybrid propulsion system that includes electric-powered propellers and two Caterpillar C32 ACERT engines. The B145 has a cruising speed of 12 knots and a max of 15 knots. At more than 44 meters long, with a volume of just under 500GT, the B145 can accommodate up to 10 guests and 11 crew members. She also features a 30-square-meter garage for water scooters, water toys and diving equipment.
- First fully customizable Bering superyacht
- Hybrid diesel-electric propulsion system
- Over 4,000 nautical mile range
- Full displacement hull (514 mT)
- 430.56 SF beach club
- Accommodates 10 guests and 11 crew members
- 68,100 liters (17,990 gallons) fuel capacity
Burger 214 Tri-deck Motor Yacht
The Burger 214 is a custom luxury yacht ideal for creating memorable moments at sea. With its stellar design, she provides a suitable environment to host friends and family in high style. The 214 stretches more than 65 meters long and was designed by an in-house team led by Gregory C. Marshall. This highly advanced Burger is one of the most spacious and sophisticated yachts ever created by the highly respected shipyard.
- 5,400 nm range at 12 knots
- 17 knots max speed, 15 knots cruising
- Spacious interior and exterior areas
- Overall length of 65.4 m
- Semi-custom options available
- 5 guest cabins and 9 bathrooms
- Accommodates up to 9 crew members
Sichterman Libertas 15M
Incorporating the simplicity and timelessness that characterizes Sichterman, the Libertas 15M is a stylish and versatile aluminum masterpiece. This new hardtop model is named in honor of the ancient Roman concept of liberty, which to them meant freedom of action and independence. It features a wide, round-bilge aluminum hull optimized for a broad range of speeds, with comfortable and economical low-speed performance. Details large and small, such as the built-in compressor for inflating water toys, have all been designed for maximum comfort, fun and versatility. Available in September 2023.
- Wide, round-bilge aluminum hull
- Carries up to 14 passengers
- One double cabin, two sundecks
- Optional joystick steering
- Cruise speed 28 knots; top speed 38 knots
- Panoramic sea views from the interior
There will always be many yachts and shipyards to choose from, but these are some of the most unique builds in process right now. No matter your style or goals, there’s certainly one perfect for your yachting passion – and now with the unique opportunity to make your mark on it during the final phase of craftsmanship. Semi-custom yachts are the perfect middle ground, with less wait time than a fully custom ship and opportunities for customization that pure spec vessels simply cannot provide.